The HullaBoard

The HullaBoard (http://www.hulla.info/board/index.php)
-   Sail Away (http://www.hulla.info/board/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   now if only (http://www.hulla.info/board/showthread.php?t=16555)

Seizure April 18th, 2004 05:44 PM

Now if only Frolic could get a license to throw a Hulla again like A View To A Thrill was... not in a club... but rather an underground parking lot...

chEArbEAr April 18th, 2004 06:09 PM

^^ i like the way you think ;)

DaveKilljoy April 18th, 2004 06:16 PM

there was a hulla @ an underground parking LOT?@! thatz flippin amazing...

Seizure April 18th, 2004 06:21 PM

Yes.... it was also my first ever rave... I loved every second of it... but that party was back in 1999.

DaveKilljoy April 18th, 2004 06:27 PM

Thatz absolutely insane...my first rave was @ the docks, Funtopia 3 i belive. Someone got stabbed...oh the memories...and of course the rave was just amazing.

Seizure April 18th, 2004 06:31 PM

Now.. ready for the most insane part? The average count for a Hulla at Opera House.... is about 750-800 people... sure.. it seems like a lot of people to YOU.. heh.. now get this... the one that was in the underground parking lot... from what I heard... the count was somewhere around 4200 people.. heh

DaveKilljoy April 18th, 2004 06:34 PM

WAAAAAAAT?!? Jesus susperstar Christ...4200 ppl....i had no idea the toronto scene was so huge back them. Y are the venu's so teeny now?

Seizure April 18th, 2004 06:37 PM

Easy... that one party back in 1999... a university student named Allan Ho died... and that's when the media swarmed in... and city counsil issued a ban on raves on public property... but eventually that ended... the ban lifted... alas... not many of the people that used to party... still do... it's a much smaller crowd now... but I'm sure we can strengthen the hardcore scene again. :D

DaveKilljoy April 18th, 2004 06:39 PM

Well i came back to it, its been a couple years or so since i went to my last one, wich was that crappy jungle one, blasted jungle putting a terrible taste in my mouth for raves. I try to bring as many as i cant because i know ppl will have fun, even if u dont do and of that drug business.

Seizure April 18th, 2004 06:42 PM

The next time I am at hulla... and there is a jungle set... I think I'm gunna go down to the washrooms and hang out there for an hour.. where I cant hear it... and if security asks me to leave... I'll tell them I would rather die than go upstairs and listen to this crappy music... :p

DaveKilljoy April 18th, 2004 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seizure
The next time I am at hulla... and there is a jungle set... I think I'm gunna go down to the washrooms and hang out there for an hour.. where I cant hear it... and if security asks me to leave... I'll tell them I would rather die than go upstairs and listen to this crappy music... :p

I'll drink to that!! i realy, like honestly fine any appeal in Jungle. Ok the beat is half decent, but when the MC blthers wierd thing that NO1 can understand, the beat doesnt even matter...oh so much hate for jungle :aaargh:

anabolic frolic April 18th, 2004 06:50 PM

I split this thread so the other one isn't totally derailed.

You're never going to see a party in anything like an underground parking garage again that's for certain.

I'm actually writing a book about all of this. It will cover all the workings of those parties, all the behind the scenes stuff, what it took to put on and of course all the fall out afterwards.

meisemily April 18th, 2004 06:52 PM

^ i would like to read that :)

DaveKilljoy April 18th, 2004 06:53 PM

I too would like to read this book, sound pretty interesting!

Seizure April 18th, 2004 06:54 PM

As would I!

bonsweetcandie April 18th, 2004 06:55 PM

*ditto that emily*

JaMGiRL April 18th, 2004 09:22 PM

I actualy like the opera house.... It's weird it used to be my least fav. venue... and now I'm more than happy to continue to attend hullabaloo's there =) I guess after the el macambo anything would be good! The only thing that I liked better about the opera house at previous raves was that the chill out room was more lit up and there were couches. That being said i'm not above sitting in rave goo.... but sometimes it's nice to cuddle on a comfy couch!

Seizure April 18th, 2004 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMGiRL
I actualy like the opera house.... It's weird it used to be my least fav. venue... and now I'm more than happy to continue to attend hullabaloo's there =) I guess after the el macambo anything would be good! The only thing that I liked better about the opera house at previous raves was that the chill out room was more lit up and there were couches. That being said i'm not above sitting in rave goo.... but sometimes it's nice to cuddle on a comfy couch!

The El Macambo wasn't that bad... I liked it... except when they wouldn't like you take your water bottles between floors... but if you thought that venue was bad... I got one word for you... TROPICANA ;)

Toye April 18th, 2004 09:33 PM

That chill room upstairs is way too dark and scary for my tastes. ; p

bonsweetcandie April 18th, 2004 09:35 PM

and if your a "youngen" (such as myself) you can't get there till 2

Seizure April 18th, 2004 09:36 PM

I like when rooms have less light :)

Seizure April 18th, 2004 09:38 PM

Now that I think about it.... 1) I didn't go upstairs for the entire night.. first Hulla at Opera House I didn't do that... wow... and 2) I never stepped foot near the stage... closest I got was the top of the stairs near the Hullastore.. again.. first Hulla at Opera House that I didn't actually go down to the bottom level..

TrYpPy April 19th, 2004 12:32 AM

I love the Opera House.. it's like my 2nd home now :)
Chris.. that book is going to be one hell of a story. No matter how much it's going to cost me.. I'll for sure fork up the cash :)

Seizure April 19th, 2004 12:34 AM

I have to make a correction... I *DID* go onto the bottom level.. at the very beginning.. for like the first 30 minutes.. I forgot about that!

twinkley_star April 19th, 2004 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toye
That chill room upstairs is way too dark and scary for my tastes. ; p
i totally agree! mind you i was up there with people i'd been talking to all evening/night, but there was some dark corners i wouldn't want to find myself in!

i really to like the opera house, though! it's great with the psuedo-multy-levels!