View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2005, 09:42 PM   #8
kandijunglegrrl
Hullaboarder

Photos: 13  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to kandijunglegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to kandijunglegrrl
First Hulla? Enchanted, December 6, 2003
What does Hulla mean to you? Hullabaloo showed me how the scene should be: awesome vibe, a TON of friendly people, amazing sets, and an overall sense of belonging somewhere...every time I've walked into a Hulla, I've had this feeling come over me that hasn't been matched at any other event, and I just think to myself "I'm home."
What do you think Hulla means to the scene?As I said above, Hulla is the embodiment of what the scene should be...many tears will be shed at losing such a wonderful event. [/b]
Your ultimate Hulla set/memory: Well, my memory options are rather limited since i've been to only 2 Hulla's...but I'd have to say when we (a bunch of us that went together...from Pennsylvania and Detroit, MI) all walked in to Drift on a Dream together and the first thing we did was bum-rush the stage and we just danced...I think I only left the dance floor to smoke a cigarette...the vibe that night was amazing... Parties around here don't bring that out in me much..
Share a funny Hulla party anecdote: That would have to be Okidam dressing up as a hot Japanese girl before Enchanted..he ran up to everyone in the hotel and was like "GLITTER ME!!!" hahaha..that was SO what it was about that night..seeing completely straight guys dress up in the most colorful glittery stuff they could think of...
Your own space to add anything you want (shout outs, thoughts etc..): Wow...there's so much I want to say...Enchanted was the same weekend I celebrated my birthday...so that was definitely the most amazing birthday I ever had... Drift on a Dream was my husband's birthday, and his first Hulla, and being able to share that vibe with him was intense.
I about cried when I read the flyer...and when I found out about the pre-party I gathered the forces and we were all online waiting for the tix to become available, just so we could make it a complete weekend. I will carry these memories of the most amazing positive experience I've ever had the pleasure to have with me forever and ever. I only regret that when my kids are old enough to go, there won't be a Hullabaloo for me to share with them as well...Goodbye Hullabaloo..and thank you.