View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2005, 12:55 AM   #20
Mr.Me
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Me Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Me
My first Hulla was Funtopia 7

To me, Hulla is about many things. It's about everyone coming together for the love of hardcore music. It's about being yourself and being loved for it. It's about losing yourself in that one precise moment, where everything comes together at that one moment and you completely lose yourself. The dj, the people, the crowd, all coming together. It's about people from all over the world coming together for that one magical night to party like never before.

I feel Hulla has had a tremendous impact on the scene, especially in North America. Hulla has been the staple of HHC in North America. So much so that it's not just North America anymore, it's worldwide. Hulla has kept HHC alive in North America.

My favorite Hulla set would be DJ Dougal at Drift on a Dream. For some reason I just remember being on the dancefloor during that set and completely losing myself. I've never been over-powered by the music like I was that set.

A funny Hulla anecdote would have to be at my first Hulla:Funtopia 7. I had made the four hour drive to Hulla by myself. Not knowing what I was getting myself into. I was so nervous that I must've circled the Opera House 50 times.I had no clue as to where to park. I ended up parking in front of The Toronto Film Institute and walked the entire way. And I thought the smokers section was the line to get in. I couldn't figure it out at first. It was the greatest.

I have to give a shout out to Nick. Without him randomly messaging me on PR, I never would have gone to Hulla.