View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #18
simonsaysthis
Hullaboarder

i've spent the last 3 days trying to sum up my last 6 years of hullas....

and now i find i don't need to, because everything that i've been struggling to articulate, you've done with a personal poignancy that makes me want to break down (again) - I had to sit down halfway thru Shooting Star and Heart of Gold... my legs simply couldn't bear the weight of my emotion, and the emotions of all those people around me... but even then, I remember clearly thinking "Yes. If you have to go out.... this is the only right way, the fitting way, to do it." Looking around at those faces, so few of whom I know anymore, I am reminded of all those I did know, and saw them again, briefly...

thank you

and i think we all felt it, newbies and "those of us who are really to old for this sort of thing" - the knowledge that this time, when we walked outside after the lights came up, the sun would never go down again

if you want to imagine a future, imagine a boy and his dog and his friends. And a summer that never ends. and if you imagine the future, imagine a sneaker, laces trailing, kicking at a pebble; imagine softly smiling lips, and pleasures had and shared; imagine a handful of flyers and sadly bedraggled pants, ragged and frayed; imagine a tuneless whistle, pounding some luckless song into insensibility; imagine a figure, half angel, half devil, all human... slouching hopefully down the road....

...forever