View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2009, 04:15 AM   #1
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Frolic/Hulla update

Posted: August 10, 2009

Hello everyone, just a little update from the world of Anabolic Frolic and Hullabaloo...

First off, thanks to everyone for the great feedback on our long-awaited DVD project. Besides the personal challenges I've had to deal with in recent times, the video project was a nightmare. All my original footage was stolen, everything started from scratch and was left in limbo a long time. I never thought for a second it would never get done, and I'm thrilled that it's finally out there. The feedback has been tremendous, and I'm really proud to have such a great example of what we all created for future generations to see.

I had some people ask about how the live recordings sounded so good. It was a big project, literally mixed in a movie studio with the same technology. There's not a promoter in the world that attempted anything like it. I see it like a photographer who uses all their skill to create an amazing capture of a sunset, versus another person taking a snapshot. Both of the same event, but one is so much vibrant and alive. I tried to do the same thing with our audio captures.

This summer I also finished writing the manuscript for my rave memoirs. It's a huge expose on the highs and lows we experienced, I'm not aware of any book that covers this kind of content in this kind of detail. More details about that will get posted in due time.

My focus these days has been on preserving the history of our scene, and glad to have such projects to do so with. As I did research for my book it was shocking just how little is left online of the height of the rave scene in the 1990s and into the 2000s. In the days before facebook and youtube, it was all independent websites and once they're gone, history erases with it. At least our story will be one to last.

Speaking of which, this Hullabaloo site will continue to exist in some form as a time capsule of sorts, keeping our contributions alive. We have party archives dating back over 10 years. I've turned off user registrations for some time because of spam bots and the fact we haven't thrown another event, but I may upgrade things again.

I've relaunched www.anabolic-frolic.com as a blog, and have been posting some classic 1990s rave video clips up there. Check them out!

Also thanks to everyone who have sent me well wishes and concerned emails. I appreciate it.

That's about it from us. Till next time.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote