Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Enchanted
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 8th, 2003, 01:53 PM   #51
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
Woops... in my post I did a shout out to (Kandijunglist) when I actualy ment kandijunglegrrl. I just woke up thats my excuse hehe sorry girl!

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
Old December 8th, 2003, 02:18 PM   #52
§ p u n n
Hullaboarder

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmannnnnnnnn

I HAD SO MUCH FUN

the MOMENT i got into the party, and made my way to the front, i was SO overwhelmed, i knew it was going to be an amzing night

and i was not dissapointed

thanks again frolic, and EVERYONE

hixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyh
ixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxy
hixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxyhixxy
Old December 8th, 2003, 03:25 PM   #53
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ctraverboy Send a message via Yahoo to ctraverboy
I was overwhelmed with happiness once we finally made it... still a bit pissed at myself for the accidents I got into, but happy to be alive and happy none of my passengers were hurt(physically at least, scared the shit out of them for which I am very sorry)

This was everything I love the rave scene for... I've been raving for three years, been to some incredible parties, heard some awesome music- none beat hulla. Even my first wasn't as good(though, being my first, its somewhat more important to who I am). I'm almost glad Hulla wasn't my first, not sure I would have been able to take that much happy for my first ever rave

I was totally sober, yet more than one person approached me to ask what I was on I was so happy and so obvious about it. The only drug I would have liked to take is a couple of no-doze... and with better planning and safer driving strategies(or mass transportation to get there) next time I go I probably won't even need that.

Thank you everybody.. artists and ravers, security, EMTs, the TRIP people, all made for an incredible night I won't ever forget.

Few specific shoutouts- Diane- you were cool, again, sorry about the drive up. Greg and everyone in your group, thanks for helping us out so we didn't have to walk to the hostel. We didn't expect to be *quite* that tired at the end of the night. Slava- you rock, one of these days maybe you'll be on the stage.

No rave has made me cry... this one did. Mostly tears of happiness, but a few of sadness that it was going to end.
Old December 8th, 2003, 03:44 PM   #54
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
this was the first hulla i DIDNT want to cry when it was over. The other 3 I have been to I always felt like there was something I didnt do, like i wasnt finished, this time, i was like ok, that owned, lets go to sleep
I am going home now FINALLY i feel like i have been in toronto forever
Old December 8th, 2003, 04:25 PM   #55
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
Quote:
Originally posted by happyrockets
Maybe it's because you people were on E, but Enchanted certainly wasn't awesome. The music was great, but who the hell books a rave in the OPERA HOUSE? I arrived at around 11:30, and by then it was already packed. Come 1:00 there was barely any room to dance without colliding with people. I noticed that a lot of people just ended up standing and watching the stage, or jumping up and down, simply because there was NO ROOM to do shit.

This was my first Hulla, and it will be my last. I danced the night away, but only because I spent precious money on a Hulla ticket; a mistake that I will never repeat.

If you enjoyed Enchanted, then all the power to you. I'm just stating my piece.

[/rant]

I'm really sorry that you didn't have that great a time at hulla, as I'm sure those of us that did enjoy that party are...but to imply that we must all be e-tards to enjoy hulla is crap. Hulla's about the vibe, the music and the people that make it the spectacular place that it is. I agree it does get a little cramped and dancing in huge motions is difficult at times, but we make do and have a great time regardless, and don't really need attitudes like that in our space. I'm sorry we won't be seeing you at hulla again, but it's probably for the best.

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old December 8th, 2003, 04:43 PM   #56
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic

Me showing off my bracelets in the back room.

Last edited by basic : December 8th, 2003 at 04:56 PM.
Old December 8th, 2003, 04:47 PM   #57
notmentalystabl
Hullanewbie

mwaaahaha what can i say that hasnt been said??

hmm IT WAS GREAT!
easily said, and an experience thats done that wont ever happen again.. until we all meet again that is of course.
LOVE U PEOPLES!
Old December 8th, 2003, 04:49 PM   #58
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

"Hulla's about the vibe, the music and the people that make it the spectacular place that it is"

Exactly- I was sober... and had more fun and was happier than any rave I've been to, sober or otherwise. The only time I was happier was when I finished boot camp and became a Marine. And that day doesn't have much of a lead at all on hulla.
Old December 8th, 2003, 07:23 PM   #59
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Quote:
Originally posted by babyEjunglist
^dude people kept doing that to me too ..there like here ull like this then im getting wet im like wtf? ahah

At least they asked/told you they were gunna do it... they didn't tell me shit all.. just dumped the water as I took 10 second pause from dancing... 7 of those seconds looking around at who did it
Quote:
Originally posted by mrmagoo
Anyone here about "The Groper" that was there?

Aparently he was going around groping girls real quick then disapearing into the crowd. It happend to Kelly and I think KandiKates was telling me about some weird dude that was trying to cuddle with her

I just hugged Kelly, I swear!
Quote:
Originally posted by happyrockets
Maybe it's because you people were on E, but Enchanted certainly wasn't awesome. The music was great, but who the hell books a rave in the OPERA HOUSE? I arrived at around 11:30, and by then it was already packed. Come 1:00 there was barely any room to dance without colliding with people. I noticed that a lot of people just ended up standing and watching the stage, or jumping up and down, simply because there was NO ROOM to do shit.

This was my first Hulla, and it will be my last. I danced the night away, but only because I spent precious money on a Hulla ticket; a mistake that I will never repeat.

If you enjoyed Enchanted, then all the power to you. I'm just stating my piece.

[/rant]

It's always packed down in front... during Elixir's set.. it was still packed in front of the stage area... I went up to the balcony for like 30 minutes and there was plenty of room to move... you just gatta walk around and find a good spot... but it was pretty dead up there... maybe 3-4 people dancing.. the rest standing along the railing and watching... or people sitting and talking.. so I found myself coming back down
Old December 8th, 2003, 07:25 PM   #60
Snoop e
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 23 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Snoop e Send a message via MSN to Snoop e Send a message via Yahoo to Snoop e
well itz monday night and i just got on here...

hulla was awesome as hell... alot of tha Michigan krew came this time so it was like takin home with me hahahaha

to all tha DJz thanx for tha sweet ass muzik

Michigan krew, yea you kno who you are... i think we need to do this again

my hulla family... itz always a pleasure to party it up with you even if itz only for one night

i hope everyone made it home safely

Check me out on MySpace.
Old December 8th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #61
perry461
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
This was my first rave. I was introduced to the whole scene by my roommate, some of you may know him, Casey Dennis. Anywho...I have to say that I haven't had that much fun in a long time! I'm definately gonna hit up as many raves as I can!! The music was killer and the people were great. I know some people who think that they're a waste of time, and even I was a little iffy, mostly thinking that I wouldn't fit in. But let me tell ya...It was GREAT!!!!
Old December 8th, 2003, 07:48 PM   #62
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

^^^lol you're hard pressed not to fit in at hulla...i think you have to make an honest effort not to make friends there
Old December 8th, 2003, 07:59 PM   #63
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Umm, I think if you tried to not make friends there, you'd fail and make them anyways.

First rave... holy crap, you got a damn good one.
Old December 8th, 2003, 08:02 PM   #64
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
^^^ ditto... how can anyone not fit in... if other people thought you didn't fit in... then either 1) they were at the wrong party and shouldn't have been there... or 2) they did so much drugs they had no clue what was going on

Anyhoo.. last second rants... a few girls at Enchanted came waltzing up to me during one of my dance-pauses... and asked for a braclette... since when do we ask people for them... it's like "Hi, can I have your braclette?".. wtf?
Old December 8th, 2003, 08:06 PM   #65
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Hmm... I always offer a bracelet trade, asking for one outright, generally, is a no- a few situations I'm ok with people doing that(like the persons first rave, I'd give them one outright) but most of the time, it should be a trade...
Old December 8th, 2003, 08:19 PM   #66
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

> "He took shore leave over there in Canda, he said he was looking to get some fucking poon-tang!"

This made me laugh out loud. That was my favorite quote from that entire movie. "Gonna get me some fuckin' poon-tang!"
Old December 8th, 2003, 08:25 PM   #67
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
Quote:
Originally posted by Seizure
Anyhoo.. last second rants... a few girls at Enchanted came waltzing up to me during one of my dance-pauses... and asked for a braclette... since when do we ask people for them... it's like "Hi, can I have your braclette?".. wtf?

lol i've had quite a few people at numerous parties just come up and say "hey can i have a bracelet?"
now i don't ONLY give when i get a trade, but i'm not just handing them out willy nilly.

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
Old December 8th, 2003, 08:28 PM   #68
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Oops.. I made an error on my last post... I was being nice... they didn't even say "hi" :/
Old December 8th, 2003, 08:28 PM   #69
Calypso
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Calypso
FUN

Well its monday and im finally moving again. This was one for the books, it brought back so many memories from FITS!

I was surprised by how many people were there from the U.S. and even from rochester where i am now.

From the moment walked in, until singing happy birthday in the stairwell at the end, I had a great time. Right when Frolic got on the decks i was flipping out

Big thanx go out to security for being extra friendly, Mrs. Frolic for the CD, and everyone in gigglegirl's group for letting me make use of the hotel room (helped a lot).

Good to see that hullavibe is alive and well, you newbs got a real treat!
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:34 PM   #70
Xphox
Hullaboarder
Penguin Bashing Champion! High Score: 3235 

Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Xphox Send a message via MSN to Xphox
There is alot to say, most of it already been said.. lets get to the point.

KILLA! Dats for sure!!! Chris and Robin, once more I'm forever in your debt...

itsgigglegirl: OMG, I am sooo sorry that we didn't hook up in the hotel. I tried looking for you, but I didn't know what you looked like, and well we will hook up next time!!! I didn't see your post about what room you were in until I got home Sunday night.

kandijunglegrrl: It was wicked hanging out with out at the party, you looked like you were having such a good time, and it rubbed off on me.. Thanks so much!

Seizure: Dick! (jk) Bwhaha! Dance, dance! WoooOOOOO!!!

Kelly and Jessy: OMG, I'm gonna XBOX u! *snickers*

Keron: Hmm... maybe one time we can actually have an interesting conversation, instead of me running away from you! Hah. Hopefully you don't take offense to that, cause it wasn't intended... I'll shut up cause I'm not making sense. *shakes head* Your name is XBOX?... His name is XBOX.. your name is XBOX. Ahhh!

Spend alot of time hanging with a bunch of random people... I got this awesome bunny that I traded for my bear... hahah

Tranzit set was bangin'
Frolic, like I have to say anything...
OMG Storm, when he started to scratch with his voice.. for a couple seconds, I though for sure it was Hixxy up on the decks.. then I clued in.

Cheers,
Nick
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:43 PM   #71
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

^^^ i had the same problem trying to find you...at least I kinda look like my avatar *hopes you don't look like yours*

if you're hitting up goodfellaz NYE, i'll be there...we'll have to try harder to find each other next time!! *makes mental note to self*
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:52 PM   #72
Xphox
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by itsgigglegirl
^^^ i had the same problem trying to find you...at least I kinda look like my avatar *hopes you don't look like yours*

if you're hitting up goodfellaz NYE, i'll be there...we'll have to try harder to find each other next time!! *makes mental note to self*

Hmm... well no I don't look like my avatar.. ahah... Okay, so like you might have seen me.. I was wearing a black and silver wizards hat, a black tshirt that said "There is no place like 127.0.0.1" (nerd) hah, and black pants with red patches and lionheart carebear on it.. That about sums it up..

I think I am heading up to near years by myself... so this time I will need to find someone or else, I will be a looser.. hahahaah
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:57 PM   #73
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Xphox

Hmm... well no I don't look like my avatar.. ahah... Okay, so like you might have seen me.. I was wearing a black and silver wizards hat, a black tshirt that said "There is no place like 127.0.0.1" (nerd) hah, and black pants with red patches and lionheart carebear on it.. That about sums it up..

I think I am heading up to near years by myself... so this time I will need to find someone or else, I will be a looser.. hahahaah

You weren't wearing the wizards hat *any* of the times I saw you throughout the night.
Old December 8th, 2003, 10:06 PM   #74
Xphox
Hullaboarder

Humm.. are you high man.. I had it on the whole night..

But it was probably pointed down, flopped over, or well you are just crazy.. ahah
Old December 8th, 2003, 11:40 PM   #75
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1
Quote:
Originally posted by Keron_DaFunky1
oh...and i met JamGirl without really knowing it until a few mins. after i actually met her...cause I thought she was someone else entirely

Quote:
Originally posted by JaMGiRL
First off Keron_DaFunky1 were you the guy near the front of the stage during tranzits set who asked what my name was? (replied "jamgirl" thinking you ment hullabaord name) Hehe If so that was funny
Denise

yes it was me I wanted to actually say hi after that whole thing but it was awkward enough as it was already

haha...when you replied " jamgirl " it reminded me of when ppl. would ask me what my name was and i'd say one of the screen names i went by and then they'd just stand there and say " NO your REAL name "