The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Accelerator
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 9th, 2004, 08:07 AM   #26
raveDave
Hullaboarder
towerball Champion! High Score: 6380  Spy Hunter Champion! High Score: 12470  Roulette Champion! High Score: 58500  Flash Poker Champion! High Score: 50100 

Location: Detroit Rock City!! No seriously we have really cool rocks here!!!
Journal Entries: 21 View Users Journal
Sorry, double post.

Last edited by raveDave : February 9th, 2004 at 08:15 AM.
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:34 AM   #27
kittie_kat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kittie_kat Send a message via MSN to kittie_kat
w00t..as always..hulla lived up to its name...at first it was blech cuz u couldn't dance (soooo crowded)_...but i guess that's a good thing as well cuz that means that people actaully showed up..

as for the boys and their bathroom guy..what the hell man..lol..we dont get n e of that..grr to u..

but yeah...hulla=awesome..time to go back to sleep now
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #28
TrYpPy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Thanks to Frolic for all your hard work with this one. This has been my fav HuLLa to date. Wish you could have done something about it being so damn cold outside though hehe jk

======================

To all the DJ's and MC's that rocked the house:

mannik : Great set! Was over a little too quickly for me though. Arrived a little late inside.

wolf : Everytime I see your set I'm completely blown away. You always seem to top it with each new set. Amazing

Frisky : Frisky...man. I can always expect greatness for you. You sure kept my feet going for the hour.

Chiclet : Wish I could have heard more of your set. Sorry but I was too busy with the HuLLa meet upstairs @ 12 hehe. Was nice to finally put faces to the names here.
But I only heard good things

Kevin Energy : You sure layed down some kickass beats man. Was nice to see you play for the first time. Keep the beats alive!

Frolic : Congratz on the announcement!! This is going to be a great year for you! Thanks for the party and the hardcore set. Truly amazing as usual.

D-Minus : I need a copy of your set list. Gimme that damn cd! haha. Totally awesome! I had so much energy during your set that it was hard to control myself lol.

AC Slater : Once again..didn't get to hear much of your set. Was upstairs again heeh. Hope to hear ya again sometime.

Silver 1 : As expected, nothing but the best from you. Wish I could have been dancing my ass off your whole set but I had to attend to some *cough cough* coat check *lost* ticket issue.

======================

Thanks to the HuLLa crew that shared the love throughout the night. As always, we can expect nothing less than a smile on your faces.

And to all the people I met that night. Especially everyone from the board. THIS is what made this night my fav party ever....by far.

MC 2-CB: Happy B-day! $%@#$ Don't ever lock my book again! hehe All good. I did get it open. *smash smash*

Kandikidd : MC 2 CB, your one lucky man. What can I say about her... she's such a sweetie. It was a pleasure talking with you hun. You also know how the party vibe should be.
Hope to see you again!

Seizure: Nice to put a face to the name. Didn't talk to you for long but still nice :P haha

dianejapa: Meet you up front with Jamgirl. Wow You are really pretty heh. Hope you had a great time gurl!

Orbz: nice meeting you man! Didn't talk for long hehe. Maybe next time.

Trails: WoOoOhOoOo! hehe A face I remember from our last party. Nice to see you again!

Keron: Hay preppy Been talking to you for a while now and it was a pleasure to finally meet you in person. You have a great heart and wikkid sense of fashion.

unkelfukkr: Rose are Red, Violets are Blue....YOU SUCK. LoL. I must admit though. The best part of my night was meeting you. Beautiful and extremely RUDE. Wikkid combo haha. Watch out though...cause I'm ready to fight anytime! P.S: Thanks for the awesome pic of you and JaMGiRL hahah

Basic & his gurl : Nice to see you again man. The pic of Jam and you looks pretty damn close the the Enchanted one hehe. It was also a pleasure meeting your gurl. Such a nice person Sorry hun.. I forget your name. Make sure you check out the pix for that unexpected one I took of you on the dance floor hehe.

Xphox & Friends: Thanks for picking D and I up on your way from Windsor. You guyz rock. We had a great time with you all and hope to see you all again soon. Thanks for *everything*

And to everyone *board and newbies alike* that I may have missed. Thanks for making this party #1 in my books. You all helped in keeping the vibe alive. WoOoHoOo! hehe I really enjoyed everyone comming up to me on the floor and asking me to read the set list off my shirt hehe. I'm sure I'll do the same thing for next time Seemed to be a g00d choice.

Only negative part of the night was loosing my coat check tag :P Even though I described it perfectly and she pull it out. I needed to wait till the end to get it. She even told me later that someone tried to claim it. But got in shit for it hehe Bastard

Can't wait till April 17th!! Hope to see you all there!

~Colin~
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:59 AM   #29
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1

I'll just say hello to everyone I met at the partie whom I hadn't met up until now. You all looked great and i'm glad everyone was really diggin the good times! I don't wanna miss anyone so eventhough i don't write out a personal message, doesn't mean you're forgotten!

Tryppy and JamGirl - FINALLY I met you...and met you, again

Jess - Yeah, we barely said anything to eachother...you just kept looking at me, didn't say much, i did the same...that was really awkward, i hope you had a good night, though. you looked like you were having a blast!

Andrea & Jeff - SOOOO glad I could be your hulla date Andrea! It was such a crazy crazy adventure getting there but it was worth it for the memories and stories we can always go over!

All the regulars...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...I love ya all so much and thanks for making my night just that much better...sorry I couldn't really stick around and enjoy the night but well, you all know what's up.

TIFFANY - girl, i haven't seen you in FOREVER and then some!!! I can't believe you actually showed up...it was so incredible to see your smiling face again. I'll call you soon because we definately need to get together and chill and just talk about old times. You're awesome and I miss ya!!! I don't even think you'll see this though

I'll write more later...i'm just kinda overexhausted at the moment

Oh...and ps. Can't forget a big congrats to Chris & Robin. It's gonna come out with the hulla symbol as it's birthmark, you watch and see!!!!
Old February 9th, 2004, 12:03 PM   #30
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1

oh...and everyone who didn't recognize me...haha

i know you all loved my MOCK emo look...i couldn't write *tear* down my face...but you all know i was crying inside...

hahaha emo!

and btw to the mohawk crew...you guys are in one of the best pics of the night!
Old February 9th, 2004, 12:37 PM   #31
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
Wow what a completely amazing night!!! It was definatly one of my fav. hullas in YEARS! It really had an old school vibe that I haven't experianced in a long long time. Theres a trillion things that I would like to say but instead I am going to keep in short! To everyone that I met from the hulla board (theres just too many of you to list) You guys are all great people to party with I hope that you keep going to events because I can't wait to meet up with you all again. The music was 100% rockin and I truely don't have any complaints. Even though it was a bit crowed i don't ming because more people = more people to meet, more of a positive vibe and more of a good turnout for frolic! Well I can't wait for the info for the April 17th party to be posted, you know I'll be there

Denise

P.S ~ Am I the only one that didn't know that Robin was pregnant until reading the reviews?? Strange you would think even if I wasn't downstairs i would have still heard about it! Ah well Congrats to the two fo you!

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
Old February 9th, 2004, 01:45 PM   #32
chEArbEAr
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to chEArbEAr
Now that I have gotten somewhat rest im gonna do my review:

I got to hulla late due to some problems mossed chiclet . I got there and was greeted by so many people, saw my london friends who i havent seen for ever Music was great, i danced a lot, made it onto stage for a while. I even waltzed with somone, had the longest bathroom converstation of all time, i think i got the whole bathroom talking with me oops! and group pictures were involved :P haha. The party felt like it ended way to early even tho it was already 6 i coulda gone a couple more hours I had two noobs with me and they had a blast

Lil-H - DUDE! im so glad we got to chill go go crack muffin
Magda - nice to meet you finally
Jessicur and jeff- i came right as you guys had to leave, o well next time
cookie mel- your last hulla was a good one! what a good time
Raverbabe- thanks for the lizard hun, nice seeing you again
evilolive - dancing around at the end of the party was fun many pictures taken :P

and to many more people to list it was awsome nice meeting everyone and hope everyone had a good time

p.s. i was looking all around for the next hulla flier, it didnt come out yet tho? anyone know when it will?

- Tereza

[iFX]
Old February 9th, 2004, 02:12 PM   #33
kneeling
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to kneeling
I had a wikked ass tyme!!!! I seen amazing people!!! New and old friends! oh gawd you ppl rawk!!!! The music was incrediable! Melissa and I had a blast and like to say hi to all the new ppl we met! we love you all! Keron... You seemed way shy! I was soooooooooooo sooooooooooooooo intimidated somethin like that... I didnt know if I would scare you off or something... but itd dint seem like you wanted to be around me, but its alright. Im glad you had an awesum time.
anywho, I CANT WAIT TILL THE NEXT ONE! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old February 9th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #34
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Jess, I am WAYYYY shy whenever I meet someone for the first time. You seemed just as intimidated as I was. Meh, next time I see ya i'm sure it won't be so " ummmmm "

It's not that I didn't want to be around you...I just didn't really know what to say...nothing against you personally.
Old February 9th, 2004, 02:57 PM   #35
P_Euphoria
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to P_Euphoria
OMG! I LOVE ALL OF YOU! This was my first hulla and the best party / rave I've ever seen or been to! The music/ sets were great, the people were great and the atmosphere couldn'tve been better! I felt amazing... thank you to everyone...words can't describe how i felt that night and how i'm feeling now just thinking about it... I MISS HULLA!
THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!
~MAGDA

~MUAH~
Old February 9th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #36
P_Euphoria
Hullaboarder

Oh and a speshul thanx to Dave (ur the best driver , Sergey for having us @ his preparty, all the dj's, the organizers, and of course all of you kandy kidz for making it such a speshul night!

Tereza it was nice to finally meet u 2
And Mel and Bonnie and Jeff and Sergey and blaaaaaaaaa so many sweetheart people! I heart u all! Muah muah!
Old February 9th, 2004, 03:28 PM   #37
P_Euphoria
Hullaboarder

Oh and a speshul thanx to Dave (ur the best driver , Sergey for having us @ his preparty, all the dj's, the organizers, and of course all of you kandy kidz for making it such a speshul night!

Tereza it was nice to finally meet u 2
And Mel and Bonnie and Jeff and Sergey and blaaaaaaaaa so many sweetheart people! I heart u all! Muah muah!

And speshul congrats to Mrs. Frolic! I didn't hear it when it was announced but after reading it here... yay Baby Frolic!
Old February 9th, 2004, 03:29 PM   #38
Toye
Hullaboarder

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toye
Ah, it was nice to see some people I haven't ran into for a while. Chiclet's set was the best by far, Wolf coming in second. ; p

Had a better time then I expected to have, too bad I'm not a fan of dancing to HHC otherwise I'm sure I would have had a blast.

I liked how someone inflated a condom and it was sent over the crowd.

And much respect to the secuirty for not making me waste my time and their time with patting me down or taking my shoes off. : p

Funniest part of night = guy listing 15 diffrent kinds of e he had to sell, classic.

Saddest part of night = Friend not being allowed to bring in his testing kit, so much for Hulla's party safe motto. ; p

There seemed to be a lot less sketch at this party, so I assume there wasn't as much crap floating around the party this time, too bad for those that weren't so lucky.

Grats to Frolic and his wife too.

Pics = Purerave ----> Toye

Last edited by Toye : February 9th, 2004 at 03:33 PM.
Old February 9th, 2004, 03:37 PM   #39
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
too lazy to write a review

music was good

people were nice

congrats frolic

2cB you are the sketchiest raver known to man
and crabble rocked thanks for the newbie bracelet:P
to all the regulars you know who you are
thanks for making my night wikkid
Old February 9th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #40
AC Slater
Hullaboarder

Thumbs up

This was the best Hulla I've been too. And on top of that, it was probably one of the best parties in general that I've ever been too. Accelerator is how all raves should be. The most amazing sound system, great variety of hardcore and hard trance, AMAZING lighting, and top notch production quality.

The music was good. Such a variety. Frisky played some of my fav modern day dnb anthems, that was nice. Also played some great Hujib and Frisky originals and remixes. Quality. Kev Energy's set was off the fucking hook. Hard, acidy, and energetic combined with Kev's playful mixing style and MC Gobstoppa totally on point. Amazing. Chicklet played some killer hard trance and hardstyle that I got my drink on to.

Me and Ian's set...SO much fun. It was an honor to play on the Hulla stage. I decided to take a big risk for my set and play hard as hell, and on top of that, 80% of it was unreleased American and Canadian tracks. It was completely different and it had to be done. The Hulla crowd was amazing as usual and I was suprised that so many people were totally into it! I had an absolute blast and my brother from a different mother E.N.D. was completely on point. Definately a "Wicked MC". The best in North America.

Saw lots of people who I wanted to see more of! The whole Goodfellaz Family, Pete Gobstoppa (more amazing morning after conversations once again), Virus, Frisky you crazy bastard, D-Minus, Mannik and Saiyan (aka Sayain haha), Bob Jumper, Steve the Surreal one, Salsa Shark, Joey, Tika and Sarci my girls, and everyone who I am forgeting in my lack of sleep haze. Big shouts to everyone i met.

CONGRATULATIONS to Chris and Robin on the little raverbaby on the way!

Also big thank you to Frolic for giving me the opportunity to play Hullabaloo. It was an amazing experience.

See everyone in Rochester in a few weeks for Sharkz and the Deva!
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:08 PM   #41
Xphox
Hullaboarder
Penguin Bashing Champion! High Score: 3235 

Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Xphox Send a message via MSN to Xphox
Seriously this was one of the best hullas to date! I had a blast!

Chiclet's set was amazing! Bring this girl back!

Wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DROPPED TAKEN THE GROOVE!!!!!!!!! I AM FOREVER YOUR SLAVE!

Chris, and Robin YAY! Congrats on the babie, and killer party!

Kevin Energy: uNF! Awesome set!

Frisky OMG technical problems..

--------
People:
CareSieB#Your wikkid, don't change! *hugs*
Lil~H#*hugs* hope you enjoyed your first hulla hun...
Jamgirl & Tryppy#You guys made the weekend.. thanks for comming up with me, and my wacko friends... and glad you didn't freak out on my driving..
Keron#We meet again.. this time we talked for two sentences... too bad it was about something aweful
Jenn#Sorry for not stopping by your room.. next time I'll make it up to you! Promis! Thanks for the hulla cheer!
Bob & Gen#Hell yeah! Pleasure as always!
UUK Crew#See you at the next party!
Pyndrop#What a cutie!

I missed to many people this time... next time post review before smoking.. *note to self*

Love all of you!!!!! HAPPY HULLABALOO!
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:34 PM   #42
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Got to meet a few of you at the party... Tryppy, Astralkid, 2cb, crazyraverbabe and newbee04 all briefly... sorry if I said I was gonna come find you later and didn't, I was doing so many different things... I didn't intentionally ditch anyone, but enough things slipped my mind.

It seems pointless to write up my thoughts on the night... I've never been more excited for a party and I think Saturday night made it pretty clear why

Toye: do you realize how volatile the chemicals in those testing kits are? I agree that it most likely did harm rather than good in this case, but it's pretty risky to let in even if security is convinced that the vial contains what its label says it does.
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:46 PM   #43
Dakota
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Dakota
What can I say....I had the best time, the best since I can't even remember when. I met so many incredible people, and shared my first hulla with some of the best people I know!!

~Chantale (Ophelia) - I'm really glad you came, if there is one person I wanted there it was you! we shall do it again!

~Keron - I was happy that you were my date, the adventure there WAS crazy, and i'll remember it always...GO EMO...oh and your hair looked GREAT!!!

~Paul (Tranzit) - So glad you showed....you are the reason I got back into hhc...and actually made the effort to come to a party (even if it was a few months late!) good to see you dancing finally!

~Kate (dea) - Good to see you...thanks for the whistle....I will have it forever...glad it was you that gave it to me! P.S- nachos?

~Amy (unkklefukkr) - It's ALL about the turquoise tie!! I'm sooo glad you came...and glad you had fun...yer my girl so we will do it again for sure

~Chris (2CB) & Krystal (Kandikidd) - you two are so cute..glad to have met you...and I will be seeing you guys again! thanks for the candy!

~Danny (Seizure) - you're the bomb diggity, honestly....next time I'm going to pick a fight with you....I mean get a pic taken with you!

~Rachel (Poemi) - The dress! I love the dress....you are hot...bottom line...dying to see the pics!! we will have to hook up again soon!

~Darren (Mr. T) - you are such a friggin' sweetheart! glad to have met you!!!

~Leah (Luscious_Leah) - nice to meet you lamb....I love that picture!

~Marla - I was diggin' the pigtails.....gotta mean something coming from a whore like me!

~Timmy (DynamicHalfDuo) - ran into you on the stairs...best time going up the stairs the whole night!

~Jenn (Kandigirl2) - I loved your falls....so nice...thanks for the pic it was a good one for sure! see you at the next hulla?

And for anyone I missed....thank you for making my first Hulla a great one! I'll remember it for always.......

I think i'm hooked....took me a few years....but i'm hooked!

Last edited by Dakota : February 9th, 2004 at 11:07 PM.
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:50 PM   #44
orbz
Hullaboarder

oh, and Shmee the raver rat wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave him a kiss or a bracelet

P.S. $4 water?

Last edited by orbz : February 9th, 2004 at 11:14 PM.
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:58 PM   #45
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to xdigitalxdreamx
aww!! shmee was great!!! my winnie the pooh gave a kiss! :P

PLUR
rave on
siouxsie

siouxsie
----+----what you want 2B! in this industry! use that NRG! hardcore chemistry!!-----+-----
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:03 AM   #46
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
or $5 if they assume that you were planning on tipping them an extra dollar and don't give you change back!
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:07 AM   #47
jebby182
Hullaboarder
spankthemonkey Champion! High Score: 848 

Send a message via ICQ to jebby182 Send a message via MSN to jebby182
yah boourns to the 4$ lol.
oh well
i guess it was an evil plan for more money!!!!

_./’\._, ,.·**·.Wish,.·**·..
*·. .·*’.·**·Upon A.**.’
/.·*·.\*.·**Star·.,,.·**·.*
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:46 AM   #48
xtcFREAK
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to xtcFREAK
Quote:
Originally posted by raveDave
That was by far the greatest Hulla I've ever been to. Even if it was my first.

The only downside to this weekend was that my car was stopped and searched at the border coming back. My (well, let's call them weapons of mass destruction) were in my pants so they let me go. Hehe. Other than the parking ticket & the cold, this weekend rocked. The people were great, the music was great, even the venue was great.

See you all in April,
dave

If you get a parking ticket in canada (assuming your from the USA), do you even have to pay it? how does it work?

Jay

P.S - My review!

Not much to say, typical non-disapointment. As much as i don't listen to hhc much these days, i had a BLAST! I brought a newb, and she had the best weekend!

I have to say chiclet and kevin energy's set kept me movin the most!

Security was good and the medics aswell!

Did anyone else have a problem (well not a big one), getting there entry tickets that were purchased via hullastore? my name was not on the list for some reason. Luckily, i wrote down my order # and all other info from my receipt and gave it to the nice girl who gave me my tickets anyhow. Thanks.

Hi to the girls from stouffville (katelin, add me to your msn)!

Derek, you kick ass! hope we can chill sometime.

P.S.S (is that right??) there was this girl on stage wearing a black skirt, a pink T with a bunch of writing.. she was short w/ short hair.. (if you are reading this you know who you are) .. you are beautifull!

thats all
Old February 10th, 2004, 01:42 AM   #49
orbz
Hullaboarder

^^ I think it's "P.P.S.".. post-script, post-post-script, etc

siouxsie, too bad I didn't know who ya were then
Old February 10th, 2004, 02:16 AM   #50
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 28 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to chipakapockets
This Hulla was the most amazingly fabulous of my Hulla experiences.

I can't really list off people I Met because, with my memory being equivilant to that of a house fly, I don't really recall who I met, save from the signiatures in my Party Book of Power.

My darling Siouxsie and I got there late, because of several transportation mix-ups. The first being a missed train to TO, but that led us to meet a great group of amazing ravers on the GO Train!

After that, the street car we were in being crashed into by a car further backed things up! Soon enough, however, we were in the line-up, and then inside. I don't know if anyone from the board was involved in that venture, though. Except Siouxsie, of course!

But it was a beautiful night at the Hullabaloo. Thank you, everyone, for your good vibes and good (although blurry) memories.

The music was wonderful as always, and I had a wonderful time glowsticking up a storm and dancing with my sweetheart hunny bunny.

Keep the Hulla spirit alive!! Go everyone!!

PLUR,

Chip

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989