The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Birthday Funtopia 7
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 5th, 2004, 06:18 PM   #51
Saber
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
party ppl family welcomes u

oh why don't u ask tyco yourself?? u could call them at goodfellaz records ...
Old July 5th, 2004, 06:29 PM   #52
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyEjunglist

and I was just talking to brendan he told me I met J-Karlos.. and now I remember.. on the beach.. there were so many ashley's .. and u asked me if my name was ashley too and I was like ya.. I dunno if u remember me but if so... COOL. u were talking about being too old to party lol..

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHa that wasn't me

okay who was impersonating me at the afterparty on the beach????????

Chris???!?

Psychick | J-Karlos | Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future
Old July 5th, 2004, 06:45 PM   #53
Saber
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
oh yeah, the list of ppl i remember
seizure
candyraver
2+2=5
directD - thanks for the message, i need cheezy stuff like that
sexy.kitten
candykates
louie tigger costume, dj, umm we met at new years at goodfellaz, i forget your dj name
caresieb - i wanted to talk to u more, umm, hope to see you again
jules
jess
skittles
hkore - i never met your friend dianne japa???
elliot
dj wolf - thanks for the water
purerave ppl - read my journal!
email sean - haha i talked to u about as much as we talked the night before
( yo if u read this, wasn't that friday party lame??)
ppl at tripp booth, ya man, u witnessed the breakdancing windmill woo

so thanks for the free stuffed animals, helium balloons, and various chairs / amazing lighting overall cleaniliness of the venue

the music was amazing, i washappy to hear some happyhardcore i hadn't heard before

i kept promising ppl i'd see them when it was over at 6 am, but characteristically i stayed for the rush hours and was fastasleep the moment i arrived home. went to work at 10 am next day, sunday worked / partied to 1 am and woke up for monday 10 am missing my work by an hour and wastin an hour on the net just now. sigh, i hate real life, take me back to the rave plz
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:08 PM   #54
meisemily
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedsparkles
emily are you the short girl? if so i recall waving to you

why yes, yes i am

short and damn proud of it.
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:14 PM   #55
travelsize
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travelsize Send a message via Yahoo to travelsize
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisemily
why yes, yes i am

hell yeah. short people rock
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:18 PM   #56
piercedsparkles
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
right on, im short too. awesome!
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:19 PM   #57
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
Well reading through this thread just filled me with enough warm fuzzies to make it till i need more warm fuzzies And now for my review:

Drove for a long-ass time due to traffic on Friday night...Then proceeded to booze it up and close out Mick E. Fynn's for Sunny's birthday...UK Dave and Rod, Colorado Boys, and Goodfellaz Friends: it was great to see you all there...will mish you all tons!

Hullabaloo was an odd one for me. For the first time in the past year and a half that I've been going I walked in with the firm knowledge that I definitely won't be coming to the next one, or the one after that...I really didn't know when I would be able to come back (cross-country flights every 2.5 months for a rave really isn't feasible) So getting prepped for this one was a bittersweet time, but as soon as I was walking up to the Opera House and started talking to Robin and heard kids in the line calling out mine and sunny's names, I knew that I'd be back...Come hell or highwater, I really can't stay away.

Walking in I got my whistle from the Friendship Crew (always one of my favourite times of the night KRis you and your girls do such a great job...absolutely amazing...each and every one of you) and proceeded into the party. Tika and Scoots were throwing down awesome track after awesome track. I don't think I talked to anyone for the first hour I was there...I just danced. When Eyeopener was dropped during that set, I became one of those kandikids that everyone jokes about...I just stopped in my tracks and felt my eyes welling up with tears of happiness...I was so sober and had never felt so good in my entire life. I only stopped dancing long enough for the thought This must be what heaven feels like to cross my mind...and then kept right on going. I hope that you ladies become hulla regulars, and keep making saps like me cry at songs for years to come

Tyco's set next was amazing as per Tyco usual. I love the way that the tracks you play progress from one genre to another. When I complained to another person about heartbeatz being played 8 million times that night, they said that there's just not enough variety in the music for everyone to play different tracks all night. I have to disagree because every one of your sets is different, covers a lot of ground, and amazing tracks that aren't overplayed...Always a favorite of mine to get out to see

DJ Wolf and Silver1s set was awesome. So much good music, so many good times...MCED was also great (as he usually is)...You all get so into it and get the crowd going, it's the best time to be up at the front of the stage to feel your energy. And the little dance around by the Friendship Crew was great too...We need more choreography at parties

Hixxy's set wasn't nearly as good this time around as it was back in December. Not a lot of great tracks played, not a lot of energy. I found myself wandering around and meeting people more during the headliner than I think I ever have before at any party. Storm didn't seem quite so enthused either...perhaps it was because they were just here 7 months ago, but it would have been nice to feel that hype and energy we did during the snowy months.

Frisky's set was great as I knew it would be...Save one hulla, I don't think I've ever been disappointed with your selections. Also getting one of your double CD sets was uuber sweet (thanks MC Jumper for that...very nice of you to hand it to me and not lob it at my head like i thought you were going to ) How bout another euro mix????

Frolic's set got me moving with a couple of good tracks, but on the whole not quite what I was expecting for a 7 year anniversary party. The vibe from the crowd was overall really great, but the DJs seemed to just be going through the motions a lot...Perhaps you all need peptalks and plur-o-grams from the Friendship Crew prior to going on stage? Overall though Frolic it was another absolutely amazing hulla that i will never forget and I cannot thank you enough for all that you do for us. Hullas have become some of the best times of my life, and I know I'm not alone in saying that, and I hope there are many more anniversaries ahead for you

and Finally D-Minus did an absolutely phenomenal job of summing up my last hulla for a while. I was dancing and laughing and having a great time...I even got to be onstage for a while during it! The party couldn't have ended more sweetly than when you played Pacific Sun (the first HHC song I ever heard)...Thanks for that, even though I know it wasn't intended for me, I like to think that by way of some higher power it was

Now you'll notice that Elixir and Chicklet aren't mentioned, and that's because as an avid anti-trance fan, I wasn't paying a lot of attention during your sets, and really couldn't even tell you how good it was since I don't know the music. I'm sure you were great tho!!

To the newbies (and newbies to me) I befriended (Annie and Jesse, Rita, Monique, "Pet My Pussy" Boy and his Mexican bodyguard, UK Dave and Rod, Niambh (I probably butchered that spelling...), DM, Tyson, Rob) and many more...You're all great kids and I hope to see you at future parties and hear of all the amazing things you're doing to make the world a better place

And finally to you, the people who have made life so sweet. Sunny, Milo, Kevin Elizabeth, Tryppy, Jamgirl, Mark, Tall John, XStacey, KRistine, Hardcore Mike, Goodfellaz Crew, Rochester Crew that are too many to name but you all know who you are, David, Teva, and Lindsey, Seizure, Rainbow Brite Shannon, Raver Ryan, Davey Ravey, Little B, Brad, and far to many more to name individually I thank you all so much for so many good times, great laughs, and memories to pass onto my children (when they're old enough to hear about them of course). You've all given me such a gift in your friendship, and it's a happiness that I'll carry with me wherever I go, no matter how far away it might be.

So that's my sappy summary of my last hullabaloo. While I won't be seeing you all at parties and whatnot as often, I'll be on the boards until the internet dies, and hope I can keep in touch with you all...and now you've got a place to stay in san diego if you feel the need for warm tropical breezes in the dead of winter

Love you all too much for words

<3
Courtney

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:38 PM   #58
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
glad to hear it was so good for you

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:12 PM   #59
.:candyraver:.
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to .:candyraver:. Send a message via MSN to .:candyraver:.
wow what an awesome party - i had a great time for the most part - around the middle my bf said he felt kinda sick and that made me really upset for some reason and i got really wierd - anyone that talked to me then, im sure you now know why i was so wierd! hehe aside from that i didnt really meet anyone new, i just talked to ppl that i already knew (which is better).

Sean + Jess (astrocreep + .:jess:.) - u 2 are my faves to party with, including the sketchy ride home! *mwah*. sean, at wemf u better get off ur ass and dance for once

Bradford Crew: well we werent up to our full potential, and not everyone was having a good time the whole party... that sucked i hope the next one will be better. aside from that, you know i love u all anyways

Woodstock crew: you guys are awesome, i cant wait 2 camp with u at wemf!!!!

travelsize: yay for meeting u again! it was cool talking to u, even though it was just briefly a couple of times

pinkbunny: i wish we could have come to your hotel after, but we left everything for "after the party" back at home... *sigh* o well i had an awesome time chatting with u anyway

babyejunglist: awwwwww no way you're the cutest *blush* it was awesome seeing you again, i hope we can hang out longer at the next party

toye: nice to see you again - i love that hat of yours, as always :P

seizure: we didnt talk much, but it was still cool seeing u again, im sure i'll c u sometime soon at another party

saber: i think i talked to you for a bit - if you are who i think you are, it was awesome meeting u!

email sean: i always see u but we never talk much, im always on my way to the smoking section :P

i know theres more people but im incredibly sick right now and i cant write anymore, as soon as im more awake i'll write more. hulla was awesome, i cant wait for wemf i hope i'll see u all there

love holly
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:41 AM   #60
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
First let me say thanks to my Friendship crew kids..
Thanks for helping with the outfits it was sooo much fun to do with all of you!
Secondly thanks for the help! The opera house looked AMAZING and its everyones co operation and creativity that made it that way.

Yay for our dance hehe!

Highlights of the night:

Doing the Cha Cha Slide!
Seeing Davespice and Astrakid IN TORONTO!!!
Drinking with Sara Storm
Seeing Klubmastahwill again!
Talking to SOju and having her know that im not gonna beat her up at school hahh
Chris spinning RMB - Love is an Ocean.. OMG BEST SONG EVER!!!!!

What a GREAT PARTY
I had soooo much fun!

Thanks to Chris ... Robin and the talented Djs and MC’s
Kris*
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:52 AM   #61
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Yeah, I think Im also going to take a break for awhile; felt and saw a lot of shit I had no intention of being part of....
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:55 AM   #62
DJ Wolf
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DJ Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MoonDancer*
Highlights of the night:

Doing the Cha Cha Slide!

You ROCK, Kris, for setting that all up!!
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:29 AM   #63
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
NO NO NO .. THANK YOUUUUUUUU FOr Playing it ! whoa dude wayy too much fun
Just a side note..
No one had done that dance... we sorta learned it the day of hulla in bits n pieces..
SO umm Yay to the FC haha!
woo woo!
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:40 AM   #64
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MoonDancer*
Talking to SOju and having her know that im not gonna beat her up at school hahh

*grin*
- Thom Yorke
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:58 AM   #65
Soberaver
Hullanewbie

well my post isn't really that much of a review. I'm not up for a whole review and gush session at the moment. I'm just curious if anyone else exploaded with excitement upon hearing "Like a Prayer" in HHC (it might have even been hardcore). I don't quite recall at the moment which dj it was and it is bugging me that the memory is just kind of floating around in a general Hullabaloo memories section. It seems to fit that it was Tika and Scoots as they had some absolutely killer sing along tracks. I think even it might have been scoots specifically. hahah, even still that's a bit of a guess rather than actually remembering who dropped it.

Oh ok I said I wouldn't review, which I won't, but I have to say hearing Children of the Night at a rave definitely brought tears every single time hahaha ... even though it was three times in one night.

Well now I'm in the mood to give a review, but I will keep it short, or I will try anyway.

I'll speak first of Elixir because a lot of people seemed to MISS OUT on his set. I mean holy god! He was the most entertaining dj there first of all ... and that's going against two battles ok ... two battles where the djs have an easy ability to interact with each other. Elixir was dancing behind the decks at times, and he had a huuuuuggee smile on his face for probably the whole set. he was making goofy faces! and even trying to entice the crowd into blowing their whistles. Oh and his music the kind of oh gosh did I just orgasm in my euphoria hard trance. <whispers> honestly I am not even positive if it was hard trance, it seemed to be, but when it is that good the music just takes me away. I didn't like his set at Enchanted, b/c I hadn't really experienced hard trance at that time. His set at Funtopia brings me to wish that he will be at another Hulla, not too far away.

Well as you can tell if I go on in my review you all will have read a good 50,000 words before you see the end of my post ... I mean for elixir I can't even gush about singing along/yelling at the top of my lungs. Like when Frolic had breaks in the tracks so you could hear hundreds of people singing along that was unbelievable! So I'm going to shut up for the time being But I will prolly be back with more memories of sublime occurrances.
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:34 AM   #66
MAtRiCks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to MAtRiCks Send a message via MSN to MAtRiCks
After experiencing myself i understand now why peoples say that hulla isnt like any other parties or anything else.

First if anybody remember me, i was the guy from montreal in the Pokemon pants and with the pikachu bag.

The whole night was CRAZAY!!! i just couldnt stop dancing more than 2 minutes, peoples where so nice, the music was just perfect all night long, especially Tika & Scoots and Frisky's sets. I almost lost my voice because i was singing the whole time, and a big majority of my favorite songs have been played (YAY for eurolove!!!!).

Thanks to everyone for making this night so special, the vibe at Hulla REALLY is like nothing i have seen before, and ill be back for sure next winter (wont be at september hulla, Brisk is coming to montreal the same day ) and i already cant wait for it!
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:36 AM   #67
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
^^^i'm pretty sure it was D-Minus during the last set of the night, wasn't it?
Old July 6th, 2004, 04:46 AM   #68
pinkbunny511
Hullaboarder

Photos: 13  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to pinkbunny511 Send a message via MSN to pinkbunny511 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunny511
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:candyraver:.
pinkbunny: i wish we could have come to your hotel after, but we left everything for "after the party" back at home... *sigh* o well i had an awesome time chatting with u anyway

aww! another time! it was nice running into you as always!
If you think life is bad now, how would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. You get eaten once. It takes four minutes to get hard, only two minutes to get soft. You share your box with 11 other guys, but worst of all, the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mom! So cheer up, your life isnt that bad!

AIM: pinkbunny511
yahoo: pinkbunny511311
Old July 6th, 2004, 04:47 AM   #69
pinkbunny511
Hullaboarder

Photos: 13  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to pinkbunny511 Send a message via MSN to pinkbunny511 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunny511
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisemily
why yes, yes i am

i LOVE being short
Old July 6th, 2004, 05:58 AM   #70
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
I just wanted to add.... Since I forgot. I have never seen a hullabaloo so empty. I know I havent been to a hulla since the one at the Docks... but whoa! I could move freely through the venue, I wasnt hot, people weren't rubbing against me.

It was weird coz compared to my first hullabaloo (7) when it was hard to find a place to dance, took 20 min to go fill your waterbottle, and had 2 rooms... it didnt feel like hulla. Maybe I am just old..... or maybe I just havent been to a rave in 4 years. Hmm the latter rather than the former?

Still tho everyone looked like they were havin a good time.... and people didnt look fucked up... Pleasant surprise.

Remember when you could smoke on the shuttle bus? (Hulla 8)

^^ Hulla 8 Main room... no moving around.

Last edited by Saffron : July 6th, 2004 at 06:17 AM.
Old July 6th, 2004, 06:56 AM   #71
oZ.11010
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to oZ.11010 Send a message via MSN to oZ.11010
NO not Horse Tranquilizers!
Old July 6th, 2004, 07:09 AM   #72
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 21 View Users Journal
It wassss sooo fun, I met some new people, noone that I didn't like. I was having sooo much fun until I got a bit too tired (around 4) and then was too sketchy at 5 so I left at 5:30.. which isn't a big deal cause I missed like a half an hour.

But yea it was fun and allll that.
Old July 6th, 2004, 07:48 AM   #73
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylefabulous
My boyfriend and i came from out of town for this party.... he from Tenn. and me from Detroit... what..! N e Way.... Got there kind of late... just as Elixyr was spinnin... That set was very good way to get me goin. At this point we were tryin to feel out the Vibe... went up stairs, got a drink, met some people. THANKS to all of u awesome people... who were so helpful and kind. After that was Frisky. Really not my style of music... just lacking as far as i was concerned. Hixxy and Storm definately gave the NRG for the night. THey had that place ROCKIN!!! Frolic as well... both really energetic. The last time i had seen Frolic was at We Are Still Twisted (Detroit) and he was still spinnin wit vinyl back then... was 99 i think!??? he seemed to be more involved in what he was spinning. maybe it was an off night? i'll be back in september to find out. As for Chiclet... yur set was tight.. nice SKRATCH gurl!!!! we left about half way through that... and made our way back to hotel. Everything was amazing... thank you to everyone that we met... and that helped us out throughout the night. What a wonderful group of party kids... I LOVE IT!!!! can't wait to be back... you'll see us...
Kyle N Will

i met you guys during like hixxy right up front We talked about how no one could sing LOL nice to meet ya
Old July 6th, 2004, 07:56 AM   #74
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtRiCks
After experiencing myself i understand now why peoples say that hulla isnt like any other parties or anything else.

First if anybody remember me, i was the guy from montreal in the Pokemon pants and with the pikachu bag.

I remember you I was the girl from Minneapolis that you talked with outside for like ever lol silly french boys
Old July 6th, 2004, 08:04 AM   #75
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

ok after 2 random posts, a sorta review.
My best friend her bf and I drove 15 hours to go to hull and had a GREAT time, it was their first hulla and they said they had sooo much fun. Thanks to Nick (xphox) for letting us crash at your place on friday..ok now onto hulla

I had a blast, probably one of my favorite hullas..i made a point to meet soooo many new people..
Tim, with his friend Steve, Kyle, Muffins, man I wish i could remember more! Jordan it was awesome to see you again, sunny and noodle, colin and kates and louie, i didnt get to talk with denise though, she looked bizee hehe, james and the rest of the fellaz', dave teva and lyndsey, astralkid, seizure, UK dave, chris (okiedokie on pr), mike and wendy, ED, wolf, xstacey...
If i met anyone else that I dont remember right now HI! I was the girl with the red shirt on it that said, IM IN A HAPPY PLACE!, and I definatly was, i love hulla so much..

but now..
after an 8 hours trek to cinci, and a 15 hours trip to minneapolis from there, it is now tuesday morning and i just got home...and i am going to bed lol...finally...