The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Drift on a Dream
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old August 5th, 2004, 02:11 AM   #1
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Gobstopper???

I know he's a regular and all, but its upsetting that he wont be there

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Old August 5th, 2004, 04:45 AM   #2
ElJCA
Hullaboarder

He's shitlisted for an indeterminate amount of time I presume for going against Frolics wishes and performing at wemf.
If he was warned before he accepted the booking...not before the function, but before the booking, than I understand, otherwise its an unprofessional move by Frolic.

THis brings up a few points though.

First. Pete is the best hardcore MC in the world.

So who is going to take the headline set?

Of the listed MCs on the flier...
JD doesnt do hardcore.
Im sure Jumper will be blowing his 5 tired ass rhymes with Frolic as usual.
Kwik is an embarrament, and although I know he wont admit, Im sure Frolic knows that, and if he wants to make any attempt to save some credibility, he shouldnt send Dougal back to the UK with a set featuring Kwik.
This leaves Everybodys Daddy. I dont like his style personally, but hes charismatic, and his style and personality fit Hullabaloo quite well. I believe he would be up to a gig of this size. Maybe he'll respond here.

Mike?
Old August 5th, 2004, 04:48 AM   #3
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Yeah... I see myself approaching the mcing at this hulla as something to endure rather than enjoy :\
Old August 5th, 2004, 04:50 AM   #4
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Wait, if someone wants to perform at hulla they ain't allowed to perform at wemf? Oh jeez, that's pretty high-up rave drama
Old August 5th, 2004, 06:29 AM   #5
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
Ahhh I remember when Gobby was just a new mc, DIY NYE with Jazz E Jane.
- Thom Yorke
Old August 5th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #6
integrrac
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to integrrac Send a message via Yahoo to integrrac
well i'm sure alot of people know about the drama with wemf and hulla by now. and from the start of it both sides look . .. . well childish to say the least. your not punishing destiny by not having pete mc. they could care less i'm sure. if anything your doing exactly what they would like and giving them all your best performers. as a dj or mc i'm sure in such a hurting scene its hard to be exclusive when it comes to bookings when it comes to somthing you love to do. so don't ask everyone to join in your vendeta and steer clear of wemf how about book all the best performers and treat them better then wemf ever would think of. the real victims (altho its a chessy cliche) are the kids. pete is the voice of hulla. it won't be the same.
Old August 5th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #7
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
gobstoppa is wicked!
its his life, if he wants to go to wemf and perform...who cares! if frolic doesnt like wemf, thas his choice...but dont just not book someone because they wanted to perform....WHY DOES DRAMA GO ON?! jus party, have fun and let the good times roll
.isnt hulla for the people? so give em what they want: gobstoppa

[p.s - if im wrong ^, meanin..if theres another reason for him not bein in attendance, than..jus ignore the above ]

Last edited by xRaVeRx : August 5th, 2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old August 5th, 2004, 12:45 PM   #8
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Gobstopper is a great mc, but if Frolic warned him and he told Frolic to buzz off, then that's his problem for not getting booked.
Old August 5th, 2004, 01:57 PM   #9
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
pete IS HULLA

without a doubt the best north american MC followed by END as a close second

I can't imagine anyone else mcing the headliner
like the 1st post said I don't really care for ED as a mc although a great person just not my style JD will just mc for marcus as everyone knows kwik is a joke and usually just ruins D-minus set and jumper ruins frolics set

I don't know how this hulla will play out but frolic will realize that he made a mistake
If pete wants to play wemf let him
I guess we will never see Psyklone, end, or virus @ hulla again which is a shame b/c are extremely talented hardcore Dj's

Now I am deffinatley unsure if I am going
Old August 5th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #10
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Hmm, let me see, if somebody didn't pay me thousand of dollars they owed me for services I provided, I would be extremely mad.. now, if I told people who I pay and book EVERY other month not to perform at a show that comes only ONCE a year, and they refuse, ur damn right I would not book them... what the hell is wrong with some of you kids? jeez....

And for the record:

I hope ED gets to mc Dougal, OMG, ED knows how to work the mic

Last edited by astralkid : August 5th, 2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old August 5th, 2004, 02:03 PM   #11
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 28 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to chipakapockets
I can totally understand Frolic's frustration in Destiny's trickery. Just the same, though, Gobstopper is a performer. I pesonally don't think it's right for him to chastisize (sp?) someone for their personal choices. Unless Gob threw evil angry bashes at Hullabaloo productions and Frolic (maybe he did, but I'll assume he didn't as it's wrong to assume negative stuff about people) I think it's kind of silly to tell him he can't perform at Hulla. After all, he's an amazing MC and good performers at a good party make it a better party and bring back patrons again and again, and encourage them to tell friends and bring new patrons. Then again, I personally don't organize Frolic's parties. So it's totally his choice. I may not agree, but there are alot of things out there I don't agree with.

All I can say, is everything is done for a reason. If this ends up being a mistake, I'm sure Chris will see that and work to change it.

And just to clear this up, no, Frolic, I'm not trying to dis or bash you at all. I'm just stating my oppinion... please don't kick my ass for it!!

PLUR,

Chip

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
Old August 5th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #12
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Yeah, well, like I said, he's an ungrateful sob if he is a regular hulla mc and refused to miss a show that only comes once a year...

and Im sure, this thread is not helping the scene... ugh, stop with the drama, thanks.
Old August 5th, 2004, 02:14 PM   #13
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Bubbles_2486
Pete has to do whats best for him and while Hullabaloo is pretty big..so is WEMF. Doesn't WEMF attract like more people than Hulla? If that's true then i don't think Pete did this in a negative way to anyone. The hulla stage & the WEMF stage(s) are like the biggest in the rave scene*i would say anyways* and Pete deserves to be on both cause well..he is just that good. Also in the end...i think Frolic is losing on this one. He's "lost" Pete..he won't book END or Dynamic. He's lost ALOT of really good djs and MC's by having this little "feud" with Destiny...no offence but get over it.

PR-*Bubbles_24*

MSN- Naughty_Hotty_16@hotmail.com

HeArTbEaTz
Old August 5th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #14
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
I am going to have to agree with ElJCA. Pete is def. the Number 1 MC in the hardcore scene, and thats all there is to it. I said it before, and I will say it again. Yes, Storm is great, there's no doubt about that. But his lines are beyond cheesy. Pete on the other hand, he has great rhymes, and his energy is absolutely AMAZING. I have NEVER seen an MC put out as much as he does. And its ashame that WEMF played a role in his absence for hulla.
Old August 5th, 2004, 03:40 PM   #15
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Well, regardless of whether someone plays at WEMF or not, or even any other Destiny production, I don't believe they should be banned from Hulla. Another little thing about that is, Hulla is prominantly Happy Hardcore... meaning it's really embodying PLUR... banning someone from a party for doing what they do best (performing) contradicts anything remotely PLUR-ish. That's a shame...

Just the same, though, you can't expect Frolic to suddenly "get over" a multi thousand dollar debt. Shit, I find it impossible to get over the debt of a couple hundred dollars to me. In all fairness, though, Frolic, Destiny took your money, not Gobstopper... unless there's something I don't know about! Assuming that's not the case, though, do you really think it's fair to tell someone that if they want to perform at your parties, they're not allowed to perform at the parties of another production company? If an MC is performing for money, and you're telling them they're not allowed to perform at certain places or they lose their performances at your parties... you're kind of pinching out their livlihood...

I wonder... if Destiny booked Scott Brown, would we see him ever again at Hulla? Or any of the other big headliners? (Yes, I'm the hugest Scott Brown fan... that's why he was the first comparison)

PLUR,

Chip

Last edited by chipakapockets : August 5th, 2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old August 5th, 2004, 03:45 PM   #16
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Lol, Scotty is NOT a hulla regular nor are Tyco or Virus, but Pete was, I think Frolic felt betrayed by him, and I can most defentially understand that...
Old August 5th, 2004, 03:48 PM   #17
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

No, no, no, I know that. I'm just using headliners as extreme examples. I'm just wondering, if a headliner performed at a Destiny party, whether we'd never see them at Hulla again because of that.
Old August 5th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #18
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Then that would cause Frolic more damage, I mean c mon, a UK dj and a local MC are not in the same category, but yeah, I can see what your saying using it as an extreme example...
Old August 5th, 2004, 03:59 PM   #19
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Yeah. I just wanted to see exactly how far this would go. Because if he's willing to carry it that far, he'll end up crushed by his hatred. And... that would suck... for everyone.
Old August 5th, 2004, 04:03 PM   #20
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Meh, I don't really like ANYBODY from Destiny and Nightmare, I think those 2 companies are E to evil and are ruining the scene ... It is because of Nightmare I quit the scene for 2 freaking years, until I hit a hulla party and then my love for the rave scene was brought back
Old August 5th, 2004, 04:24 PM   #21
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Really... I've heard alot of people say good things about Nightmare... Meh. They could be collaborating with the voices in my head, for the eventual take over of the world!

It's good that you came back to the scene, though!! It's deffinitely the place to be!! I had a similar experience myself... except it wasn't a huge corporation that brough me out of raving.

PLUR,

Chip
Old August 5th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #22
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
No one is "banned" from Hulla, but a lot of talent passed on playing wemf this year to support Hulla and I made it known that I appreciated their gesture and if someone was going to give up a gig on my behalf I'd make it up to them best I could. After discussing it with the talent we decided in fairness to all those that did turn down the booking the matter couldn't be simply dropped or I risked making a bunch of people feel like chumps.

It took me a YEAR to recover from the financial hit Destiny put me through by not fulfilling their obligations to me. I can't tell you how close it got to Hulla completely folding during that time. I'm not rich, I'm just a guy trying to make a living, but when you get stiffed by someone and as a result struggle to make rent for the next several months you're not so quick to just "get over it". Yes, sometimes people lose money in this business, but what makes it all the more galling is when the person who owes you proceeds business as usual AND also tries to capitalise on the same crowd they don't feel the need to have paid you for. I ask to have the support of those who I've helped and supported throughout the years. But it's not so much that anyone is in the doghouse now. It's just that my obligations are to those who did support me during troubled times and I don't want to have any of them feel that their actions weren't appreciated.
Old August 5th, 2004, 05:43 PM   #23
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Ohhhhh! Okay. See, that's the kind of clarification I needed. Now it makes sense, and I am pleased. Well... I mean... not really pleased, because Gobstopper won't be peforming at this Hulla. But that's deffinitely no fault of yours then Frolic. You've got to hold true to your word, and now I can see good reasoning behind it. My curiosity is satisfied and I am conent.

PLUR,

Chip
Old August 5th, 2004, 06:45 PM   #24
mirahonthawall
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mirahonthawall Send a message via MSN to mirahonthawall
Quote:
Originally Posted by integrrac
well i'm sure alot of people know about the drama with wemf and hulla by now. and from the start of it both sides look . .. . well childish to say the least. your not punishing destiny by not having pete mc. they could care less i'm sure. if anything your doing exactly what they would like and giving them all your best performers. as a dj or mc i'm sure in such a hurting scene its hard to be exclusive when it comes to bookings when it comes to somthing you love to do. so don't ask everyone to join in your vendeta and steer clear of wemf how about book all the best performers and treat them better then wemf ever would think of. the real victims (altho its a chessy cliche) are the kids. pete is the voice of hulla. it won't be the same.

best post ever. because it's true in every way.
Old August 5th, 2004, 06:50 PM   #25
DirectDrive
Hullaboarder

So I suppose this is part of your larger, ongoing plan to "feminize" hulla?.........