The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old October 19th, 2004, 05:30 PM   #51
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
no way.. like 700.. 750 tops. I really cant imagine 1000 people packing in there and ive been at some pretty rammed parties at that stink hole.
Old October 19th, 2004, 05:55 PM   #52
Mr.Me
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Me Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles17
I'll be taking care of the michigan kids

Good..just thought I'd throw it out there
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:00 PM   #53
Mr.Me
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Me Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Me
Straight from the Opera House's website

850 Licensed (600 Main Floor and 250 Balcony)
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:21 PM   #54
skunkdiggity
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to skunkdiggity
250 on the balcony? I could see someone gettin rammed and fallin off the side lol
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #55
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkdiggity
250 on the balcony? I could see someone gettin rammed and fallin off the side lol

Now that would be a site. I can picture an etard receiving a light show, then have some drunk kid fall ontop of them. The drunk one wouldn't feel a thing, and the etard would apoligize, and everything would be ok again

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #56
Sim
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
ya it really doesnt look like it can hold 800+.
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:53 PM   #57
FEMME|FATALE
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
>>>

It can hold 800 people...600 or so on the main floors and a couple hundred packed in on the top.

I've been to concerts there that have been so packed I couldn't breathe. It's possible.

LISTEN TO:
AIDS WOLF | M.I.A. | RATATAT | CHROMEO | WE ARE WOLVES | THE BLOOD BROTHERS | and the best band in the history of rock music ^
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:15 PM   #58
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron
The fact that there was a post on the Tribe message board (aka the Hullabaloo retirement message board) that stated most of the people who were on hulla back in the day and just other tribers stated that they would be ATTENDING THE LAST HULLABALOO.

Now, I understand you are newskool and such, and of course you weren't around back when Hulla attendance was 2000+ people... but do you understand that word travels through the grape vine. People who stopped partying years ago will be at this thing. ITS GOING TO BE MASSIVE.

Everyone will be magically coming back to hullabaloo. and now you have egg on your face again. here's a kleenex.

that pretty much sums it up
astral..
you need to get yourself in check before shooting your mouth off like an idiot
you talk like you know everything and you've been around to witness everything. you hardly know the idea of what this is for so many people

im not going to go into some sappy essay about what hulla means to me, saffron, frolic, the rest of the boarders, the candy kids, and god only knows how many other people, but it reaches pretty far

just because it's only been a part of your life for a year or two, doesnt mean it's like that for everyone else. hulla stretches into the 5-7 year mark for some of the people here.. it's been around for almost a 1/4 of their life. i know it has for me, as ive been attending them for about 5 years.

just my $0.02

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:33 PM   #59
astralkid
Hullaboarder

^^ ohh, that means a lot coming from a washed out dj, maybe u should check yourself out.... All I said was because of the decline in rave attendance maybe that won't be the case... As a matter of fact, if any of you read the newspapers there has been a lot of articles on the decline of ticket sales on the whole music industry with summer concerts showing a devasting lost, go do yourself a favour and read sometime...

My $ 0.02
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:47 PM   #60
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Awesome thread Timmeh.

Let's keep this on topic, instead of bickering all the f'ing time, aiiiii?

I can probably bring people down from Barrie, if need be.

Gas, Grass or Ass... Nobody rides for free.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old October 19th, 2004, 08:49 PM   #61
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybodies_Daddy

Gas, Grass or Ass... Nobody rides for free.

MCED

love it!

and yes can we quit the flaming!
Old October 19th, 2004, 08:58 PM   #62
limey
Hullaboarder

Thumbs up Jesus fuck, why did I even bother?

Quote:
ohh, that means a lot coming from a washed out dj, maybe u should check yourself out
Precisely what do you mean by washed out? Have you even listened to Pauls mixes? and when I say listen, i mean to the mixes and the continuity? ..not just the assortment of tracks. Anybody with enough brain cells leftover from raving can understand the concept of a dj mix. You apparently cannot. Ravetrash.
Quote:
if any of you read the newspapers there has been a lot of articles on the decline of ticket sales on the whole music industry
Oh so I didnt realize that the corporate music machine has such an effect on the Toronto happy hardcore scene. Im sure David Geffen is real proud of that one. THink about it. All of the "raves" in this town are thrown by independant promoters with little or no form of sponsorship. In addition to that the dj's they book are 90% local talent; many of which do not use any kind of booking agent and the ones that do are not employed by any of the major music labels like EMI, Universal, WB, or even Def Jam. I think its safe to say that what happens to corporate music has virtually little effect on our local rave scene.
Quote:
summer concerts showing a devasting lost
Again, we're talking about raves.
Quote:
go do yourself a favour and read sometime...
I agree, just check your sources first.
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #63
astralkid
Hullaboarder

^^ Go read my other post where I also talked about the decline of rave attandence, where recents raves has led to many promoters not even breaking even... As for the other things you mentioned, I really don't feel the need to flame another retard

Last edited by astralkid : October 19th, 2004 at 09:08 PM.
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #64
c3blue
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to c3blue
Play nice children. A little FOCUS would be appreciated.

RAVE ON!!!
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:22 PM   #65
Flutter_BYE
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
yea... enoughh of that shyte..

if the opera house can only fit 850 ppl, how many tickets will be printed? will frolic put out the full 850?? bc if this sells out... and IT WILL sell out.. that doesnt leave me much dancing room!

my $0.02!
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:29 PM   #66
limey
Hullaboarder

ugh.. raves and concerts are two different types of events that operate in completely different economic environments. To compare the two is a waste of time; just like this post. Which is why im stopping after this sentence.
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:57 PM   #67
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
astral, you're a fucking idiot
Old October 19th, 2004, 10:22 PM   #68
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
we've had 850 people at the opera house several times (the times we've "sold out"). The last time was last year, Fires in the Sky. So if you were at that one you know what a sold out Hulla feels like (certainly manageable, imo). Other promoters have stuck more than that in there, I've been to events with 1100-1200 people there and it's a nightmare, but I've never desired to break any fire codes plus everyone's enjoyment is paramount over extra door.

Holding an advanced ticket in your hand would be mandatory for the last one and I'm not planning on selling any tickets at the door at all. It's likely that tix for the last one will go on sale BEFORE our April (2nd last) Hulla, so when they sell out people might opt to attend the April one as their last chance to be part of Hulla.
Old October 19th, 2004, 10:36 PM   #69
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
oh, and just reading through the rest of the thread (everyone stop the flaming);

Hulla has had over 100,000 attendees over the years, add to that everyone who has heard about them and make a last ditch effort to attend one (not to mention the whole thing about being a part of a historic moment) and we're guaranteed a quick sell-out, despite the fact that I would agree overall attendance for everything out there is down. I also anticipate a bump in attendance for the next few, for the same reasons.
Old October 19th, 2004, 10:39 PM   #70
Fitzpatrick
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Fitzpatrick
i want to be at one of the last for sure!
Old October 19th, 2004, 10:39 PM   #71
Flutter_BYE
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
[QUOTE=anabolic frolic](everyone stop the flaming)QUOTE]

BAHAHAHA!
i love it
Old October 19th, 2004, 10:51 PM   #72
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
hey wow, i am gone for a day and its nutz in here

i hope missy comes out from cali too!!! i have a ton of people im trying to get up for hulla....including the 3 previous to the finale

whatever anyone does, please do me and everyone else a favor, if you have nothing nice to say about hullabaloo don't say it at all cuz it is one of the best parties i have ever attended in my 6 plus years of raving. i have been to montreal, miami, seattle, denver, philly, nyc etc etc...hulla is amazing. it doesn't matter if you don't rave anymore or not, hulla will always be held in the highest regards in my raving memoirs.
the energy is the best, the kids are the best, the hardcore vibes are the best and its in the best city in north america!!! if you don't wanna say nice stuff bout hulla go somewhere else!!
Old October 19th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #73
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
Please stay on topic kids - I'm trying to organize an entire continent worth of ravers here, no distractions are necessary.

I haven't been drunk in days and concentration is really a bitch.

Feel free to copy and paste this to your favourite message boards or purerave journals - please add my email/MSN or pr contact (DynamicUno@usa.com or just plain DynamicUno) if you copy it so they know who to get a hold of.

If you are driving and have an extra spot or two - or if you are willing to throw in on a van or bus - please note that in your response.

I'm starting now because North America is huge and the earlier we plan the more likely it all is to come off.

If you've never been to Hulla, you are GOING to come to one of the last ones. Hands down.

In light of Frolic's post above I am thinking about extending this same planning operation for the April Hulla. If you're interested in that, please note your preference in your response as well.

Although a selfish part of me wants to be at all of them (I haven't missed one since they got me wrapped up in this whole thing ) I am strongly considering skipping April, to leave it open to all the people who never get to go. Perhaps a lot of us nearby ones should consider leaving April to the distant kids and those who rarely if ever got to go.

But damn it I'll be there in July
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:01 PM   #74
skunkdiggity
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to skunkdiggity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles17
Now that would be a site. I can picture an etard receiving a light show, then have some drunk kid fall ontop of them. The drunk one wouldn't feel a thing, and the etard would apoligize, and everything would be ok again

HA! that was intricate! Either that or the drunk kid will fall ontop of the etard, causing his graceful swan dive over the balcony and onto the lovely ravers below for an impromptu crowd surf.

Either that or a memorable quote for his tombstone
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:23 PM   #75
travelsize
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to travelsize Send a message via Yahoo to travelsize
I like the idea, Dynamic. Definitely not too early to be planning for something like this. I'm thinking of renting a van or maybe even getting a bus for anyone from this area who'd wanna go (NJ/Philly area). Does anyone have any hotel info? e.g.: Hotels in the area, how long in advance one can reserve a room, good deals on price, etc?