The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > 'For Those Who Know'
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 5th, 1999, 08:33 PM   #26
plurette
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to plurette
Mr Christie,
YOU CAN"T BE SERIOUS? HE ACTUALLY ASKED YOU TO DANCE??? omg *shivers* i saw him tryin' to bust a move a couple of times and flubber was flyin' all ova the fuckin' place AHHHHHH
yah, i ment to say bye, but i couldn't find you

Tamarra~JediCrew Prod~Purerave
Old December 5th, 1999, 09:34 PM   #27
RubberDucky
Hullaboarder

guys i want to thank you all for SUCH AN AWESOME PARTY!!!!
i had such a soberrifically good time even though i realised around 7:30 that i'd been sitting on my ass for like the whole night i hardly danced at all
i was all frantic cause just as i was getting into dancing subsonic's set ended and i was like ahhh i need too dance and i didn't hear of any after party so i was kind of upset but when we got outside someone was playing Trance in their car (thanks so much whoever you are)so i got to dance for a little while longer.
anyways......
i had so much fun
at no other parties do people (in the chill out room) sporadically start just screaming and yelling happy hullabaloo it just made me feel so comfortable.
i met tons of hullaboarders which was awesome (thanks Dave the Rave cop for sitting wif me for so long i guess we kinda missed out on dancing but it's all good)
and etchasketch cool to *finally* meet you.
yes lake hulla was quite something.
all i have to say is that i had to go tour OCA today after staying in a hotel and i did NOT want to put on those shoes.
umm blue fun fur vest girl (i forget your name) i saw you when we were outside after the party dancing ( i was the girl with turquoise pants with frogs on them & yellow fun fur back pockets & a navy hoodie & vest

anyways...sorry im droning on
good music...too bad there was no room to dance in the trance room...but that's ok
over all everyone was great i had an awesome time & i can't wait till the next hulla (6 days before my b-day)

byebye
Lynne
Old December 5th, 1999, 10:02 PM   #28
TiGgEr
Hullaboarder

Smile

sorry bout that folks. i got confused...
i meant to say frisky... but i was talking to my friend on phone about capital J.. so..... hey i'm sketchie soplease gimmie a break:>
Old December 5th, 1999, 11:12 PM   #29
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
Exclamation

Aaaaaaah SHIT! Durn i didn't realize that u were the guy who had me as his secret santa. When u gave me my present i was so caught up in my dancing i forgot to ask ur name. i gave u a bracelet, but that was not the present i was gonna give u. I'll have to meet up with u again at another party so i can give u ur real present.
Man i feel like i a moron, lol

Sup
Old December 5th, 1999, 11:40 PM   #30
jellibeen
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to jellibeen
The only thing that pops into my mind is wow, I had an amazing time last night. Chris C's set kicked so much ass, enjoyed Elixirs and Subsonic's a lot as well. It was great meeting tons of people, plus it was great to see so many of them partying responsibly. A lot of respect goes out to Chris and everyone else that was at the party last night, it was the most fun I've had in a while.

jellibeen

[This message has been edited by jellibeen (edited 12-06-1999).]
Old December 6th, 1999, 12:16 AM   #31
CO2
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CO2
Thumbs up

My experience at *LIQUID HULLABALOO*..(hehe)..was great!!

Its of course, always nice to see everyone at one party.

My highlights of the night were..

-going over to the Fox & Fiddle, and downing some beers and playing pool, then thinking we were gonna wait in line for hours, and only waiting about 10 minutes.
-Chris C's & Pete's set were DYNAMITE!!!
-gettin my GI Joe present from m1key...who we appropiately named *CO3*...hehe
-gettin my present from Taleen..a cute 'lil bear who speaks, and balloons!! thanks again hun..you ROCK!!
-super sketch at the Golden Griddle..
-finally meeting some folks ive been wanting to meet!!

cant think of anymore now....more to come

Lowlights...

-besides "Lake Hulla" & some overcrowdedness....no real bad things happened.

Very fun party...it was at least for me!!

Cheers to everyone i met, and to everyone i saw again.

CO2 & CO3

[This message has been edited by CO2 (edited 12-05-1999).]
Old December 6th, 1999, 01:06 AM   #32
RaVeRGuY
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RaVeRGuY
Wink

Hehehe....I can't wipe this silly little smile off of my face since this morning after Hulla. Man...just had too much fun. Met a lot of great peeps as well. Anabolic and Hulla cru...you guys are the best!!! =)

...:P.L.U.R:....
-JP
Old December 6th, 1999, 01:13 AM   #33
ShRooM ZoOmER
Hullaboarder

I missed the last Hulla, (not too angry after the reviews), but this one was amazing!!
Not only did I get to run into a lot of people I saw at ATM, but just had an amazing time!

I kinda thought that the water between room was kinda cool for a bit, until I actually considered what was possibly in the water, and until I realized my shoes and socks were completely soaked, along with the bottom half of my pants. FUN FUR is the real thicker picker upper.

The water everywhere did kinda suck though, cuz you couldnt keep any traction when dancing.

Ruffneck, DJ X, Marty McFly, and DJ Spinz all had enjoyable sets, and I caught part of OS/2 and Elixer, who both seemed good too.

Met a lot of crazy/cool people,
and yeah... Just a good time in general!

YAY! HULLABALOO!!!
Old December 6th, 1999, 03:26 AM   #34
O-DOG
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to O-DOG
Smile

ohhhhh my GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!

that wuz fucking WIKKID!!!! The best rave i have ever been too. i had no idea a party could possibly get so hype! I will be reminiscing forever. that wuz fucking wild. thanx frolic. the camera guy ruled. i got free fruit and lots of ice and cold water. it wuz excellent. awesome venue. awesome tunes. i never really liked hhc before last nite. i wuz right into it last nite. i now see the attraction. juss wanna say werd up to Quick (i met u in the line-up) James the waterboy (u fuckin rule!) Steve aka THE CAR GUY!!!! (i still have your number and yes it is legible i will call u very soon. u are my ravin bruther) heliox and zang. The girl named catherine that was extremely beautiful and it was your first rave and we shared that excellent kiss. The guy who was playing the whistle game with me in the pit! sick shit! The kid who told me he never used glo-stix before but then dazzled me with his expertice (dood u had me trippin, u hustler) the union jack hat guy. EMMA (your beautiful!). Freddy hands. beckyboo. dieznyk. the ppl sitting up high during subsonics set (member i got your gf for u dood?) ummm. soo many peeps. if u are any of these ppl please get in touch with me i luv you all. AWESOME AWESOME NITE!

i wuz the guy with a neon orange hat that said O-DOG on it. i had a blue flowered shirt and a yellow t-shirt underneat. i had a blue hawaiian lei and i gave it to a girl who was very happy about that i dont know your name! msg me! and i had a home-made metal whistle that wuz the fucking loudest whistle at the party. So if u remember me come talk to me cuz i luv to reminiss. latah party kids. t-dot foreva
Old December 6th, 1999, 04:19 AM   #35
keithw
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to keithw

hi everyone.. i had an amazing night! The best part of the night was the 2nd room early.. from Elixir, to OS/2, to Marty, to Brano - ohmygosh.. they just had that room going strong.. Brano was great in my opinion, he just seemed to have everyone into it jumping around and shit.. hehe.. i had tons of fun with my bouncing tigger and his glow stick.. hehe.. he even came out with rave funk all over him - sign of a good night. And towards the end of the night I had fun running and sliding on the floor, i was praying not to fall the whole time. At the end we went and jumped and splashed in the great flood of Hulla 13 which was fun but now i'm trying to not think of what might've been in that water..

Oh yea.. one thing.. Why aren't there any garbage cans ever anywhere to be found?? Yea sure, alot of people will still use the floor but garbage cans might help a bit to keep the mess down.

And about the security, I thought it was great how they were busting people and tossing them for various things.. maybe it'll teach people to stay more on the download with things no matter what they're involved in.

i was the one with bouncing tigger and balloons on top of my head. and i spent most of the night sober which was great.. i danced the hardest at those times. sigh.. why did it have to end! =)

l8r all, buffalo was well represented last night, toronto rocks. =)

Old December 6th, 1999, 05:04 AM   #36
Entranced
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Entranced
Thumbs up

I gotta say that was the BESTEST party I've ever been to!!

Thanx Frolic and the Hulla organizers for that wikked experience. I'll remember this like forever cuz I'm going to buy up all the tapes that you make for this party!!!

Girl at the door giving out whistles: "Take them all PUH-LEEZE!!" Hahahaha... i guess she didn't wanna stay there and hand out what looked like 2000 whistles! =)

Teletubbie on stage: To guy beside me "is that a teletubbie up there or am I just tripping?" Guy beside me laughs hard and says "yeah there's a teletubbie up there dude".

Peeps I met: Klubmasta Will, Silver1 (nice shirt), Happyhat, supaster (nice gloves), Mr. Stamina, Fairee, Plurette, Lucid, Capn Fnord (happy birthday!), and a whole slew of others that I can't remember the names of. That was one hulla of a netmeet in the chill tent! Still didn't get my Hulla12 badge...Will and Silver1 couldn't give me a good description of what Soundstream looks like! Hahaha... The only person i saw wif the badge was Mr. Stamina and he couldn't help me either.. *shrugz*

Will taking a polaroid of me and Saber: "I think the camera is jammed"... ME: brings out my camera and snaps a shot of Will fussing wif the camera (i'll scan this for sure!!).

Hahaha..Flex's outfil was pretty cool too!! Met up with the guy early and gave him a nametag (he posts on the TRC and he'll be spinning at our party on Dec 26th).

I stayed in the main room most of the night. The music was killer!! Biggups to Anabolic vs Vinylgroover's set!! Happy birthday E-by-Gum for the 3rd time!! =) I'd luv to see a Frisky vs Frolic duel..unless I've missed it already. Frisky, u rock! What was Ruffneck spinning?? It sounded like a hybrid between drum & bass and happy hardcore... Wikked set nonetheless!! Nofrills, D-minus,Spinz, Spice, Euphonic, DJ X (wikked oldskool set!)...wow...just plain sick!!! Even I heard and blew my whistle to pieces at the Raver's Anthem 3 X... it was cool every time!! Oh and when Shooting Star came on...oooh...

Thanx for everyone for the warm hugz, handshakes, stickers (geez my cap brim is completely covered), bracelets, smiles, thumbs up to me GHB KILLS sticker...luv u peeps!!

If you saw me... Asian guy, blue T-shirt wif a lemon on the front, khakis (not phat), I had my nametag on, and gave out star and smiley face stickers and bracelets.

Who else is hyped for Hulla 14?

Sherm

Old December 6th, 1999, 09:59 AM   #37
dj frisky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dj frisky Send a message via AIM to dj frisky
thanks to everyone for making my birthday extra special this year!!! especially a big shout going out to the surprise appearance by dj giggles congrats chris on another spectacular event!
Old December 6th, 1999, 10:32 AM   #38
pr0nstar
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pr0nstar
I would like to say this was my first Hullabaloo and a good one.
Me and Ninjetta got there about 10:30 or so, and made it inside about 11 and I must say good going with that quick line-up.

When we got in it was already pretty packed, but I found the vibe wasn't up to par when we entered. D-minus was spinning in the main room and it just wasn't pumping enough for myself I guess. We walked around and checked out the place.

We met up with Nat earlier in the night, it was nice meeting you hon, even though it was brief.

Then Frisky came on, it was so nice of everyone to sing him a happy b-day ... he seemed to get the vibe up a little more, half through his set we decided to check out the other room, Marty was finishing his set, and then we waited for Brano to come on.

I must say Brano's set was amazing, very into his music, and got the crowd pumping. I will say he's an under-rated DJ... we decided to spend the night in the smaller room, music was more our style.

Flex came on after Brano, his outfit was hilarious ... his set was good at the beginning but after a half hour or so, I felt it went to different, I understand he plays what he wants, but I thought he was gonna play all Hard House, but I guess he didn't .. it was still good, but not what I was expecting.

During his set I met Chris C., I must say this is one of the nicest people I've ever met at a party and whom also was a DJ ... he's a very nice guy, very funny and a good conversation.

After Flex was done Chris C. was ready to spin, this was my first taste of UK Hard House, and I must say it's very good, and Chris C. played an amazing set, I seen a lot of people really getting down and enjoying his set, he was very happy to be spinning and smiling most of the time, and that made it so much fun. Knowing not only the crowd was enjoying it, but the DJ was also.

It was funny to have the lights all go on a few times during his set. But what can ya do!

Only reason I really went to this party was to see what UK Hard House was like, and I must say I really enjoyed it and I would go to see Chris C spin again for sure, but this time with a little more sleep in me. I had a busy day ... and I only danced hard to half his set ... I said bye to Chris and then we were home to snooze-land!

Thanks Chris C. for the tape and shirt, you were really nice to meet, and maybe I'll see you spin when I goto England this year, it was also nice seeing Will again, and meeting the infamous Frolic on the way out, and nice meeting Cleo and her friend, sorry I forgot your name ... and also all the others I met that night.

BTW, It was sad to see the flood, but what can you do, and you wonder why venues are getting hard to find...

Kenny
aka
pr0nstar
Old December 6th, 1999, 10:55 AM   #39
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
Hmmmmmmmm. Well.........
Best F**king weekend I've had in a long time. I had so much fun I don't know where to start. I met so many people. The music kicked ass (I think 'Give Me a Reason' is the new caning victim tee hee). The vibe was great. The Hot dog I had at 5:00 a.m. left a little to be desired though I think Frolic put all the nay sayers to rest by throwing one helluva party. Cheers
Old December 6th, 1999, 11:33 AM   #40
Cappacina
Hullanewbie

Talking

Best Hulla yet! Kicked some ass! Can't wait for the next one...I'd like to thank all of the DJ'z for spinning such wicked sets *loved both Ruffneck and Spinz' sets..you guys complemented each other proper* and the HHC and the Hardhouse/Trance!!! WOW!! Definitely gonna be at the next Hulla and I wish I would have met you Klubmasta! Next party!! *hugggZ*
Old December 6th, 1999, 12:29 PM   #41
elixir
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to elixir
Yes, the hotdog Brenda and I tried to injest was not exatly top notch.. but before it went to my stomach it tasted good

I have to say that through out the whole night there were so many people that were sober, Brenda and I left a little earlier then normal, but I had such a great time having the chance to actually talk to some people.. and have interesting conversations!
The vibe was just right and all the right people were there!

I'm looking forward to the next party, and Chris, pat your self on the back, the scene needed this!

Old December 6th, 1999, 02:42 PM   #42
Super Spesh
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Super Spesh
Words really just cannot express how much fun I had...I wish that it didn't have to end. I don't think that I can ever go to another party because it will never equal the fabulousness of this last Hulla. Thank you Frolic for making a night I will never forget

Luv Thayna
Old December 6th, 1999, 03:14 PM   #43
RaVeRGuY
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RaVeRGuY
Wink

I agree wif all you peeps! Just thinkin'
back to that unforgettable and amazin' nite sends tingles and shivers down my spine. It was just perfect bliss. I can't believe I'm still smiling today....'cuz usually a day after a rave I'm effin' tired and groggy! Hehe....wikkid! ....:P.L.U.R:.....

-JP
Old December 6th, 1999, 07:25 PM   #44
*~*~*ChEEr BeAR!*~*~*
Hullaboarder

Jory, Brenda, It was a pleasure talking to you two. Those hot sticks were great until they started to burn my lips.

hehe

I can't wait till i get my pics developed from this party. I had so much fun...Read my thread about it.

Old December 6th, 1999, 07:33 PM   #45
PaRtYKiD!
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to PaRtYKiD!
omg.. stacey, you look so cute in that picture. Its very decieving.

hahahaha.

*PaRtYKiD!*
Corey

[This message has been edited by PaRtYKiD! (edited 12-06-1999).]
Old December 6th, 1999, 10:12 PM   #46
TiGgEr
Hullaboarder

OMG so that was you Chear Bear.

i was on a mission to find you cept i had no clue who ya were... hheheheh i was going to say hi too but you were busy doing somerthing..
the reason why is a while ago i said something reall nasty about you i shouldn't have and you did tell me off. quite badly.. and i felt bad and i wanted to apologize in person.. well swince i didn't i'm sowwy

TiGgEr
the big bouncin teddy bear
Old December 7th, 1999, 12:41 AM   #47
Fear_and_Loathing
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Fear_and_Loathing
Smile

What a fantastic party!
So many memories;
-Taking over 30 minutes to find my secret santa partner!(hey Hooch!)
-Constantly hearing "Happy Hullabaloo" followed by ear piercing whistle blowing in the chillout tent
-Meeting Dj Flex!
-Meeting addicted, dave:the rave cop, Essential, and Syrus from the message board! (sorry to anyone I can't remember, or if you don't remember me, I had the Giant Bow Tie on..)
-Having to lift my pant legs when walking between rooms because of all the nasty flooding
-People from Pennsylvania telling me that toronto parties are "blessed" with such great Hulla parties!, which just made me feel really great.
- Great music all around, Brano and Flex just totally blew me away!
- The VIBE, which was amazing
- The tons of great people I met during the entire night.

That's all I can think of! But I'll never forget this one...easily one of my favourite parties.
thanks to everyone who made this party great!

pictures will be up this week at; http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/...siamesemer.html

I posted this up in another thread...but this one seems to be the one for reviews....
Old December 7th, 1999, 01:41 AM   #48
lil blu boo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to lil blu boo
hey everyone,
I'm soo glad everyone had fun..
I had a wicked ass time...
Too bad i got nothin that whole night...
How come I didn't meet anyone sober that night...
I was sober and lookin for some who were too.
if anyone wants to know who i was... www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Gym/3478/jackiehulla.jpg
Old December 7th, 1999, 04:15 AM   #49
Spaz!!!
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Spaz!!!
Smile

Hey everyone, I just wanted to thank everyone for making my First HULLA SO much FUN!!!!!

I was sooo hyper when I got there I wanted to meet EVERYONE but I only got to meet a few of you. But everyone I did meet were so nice and friendly. I meet JAY, KRISTI, JAMES THE WATER BOY, and everyone from Buffalo. Thanks for the name tag and candy.

Then I meet OMAR with the big hands, SCOOTER good luck with your singing, CHEER BEAR . JESS and MEL from Missisauge who know my roomates, Mike looked through his year book and isn't sure who you are but I will show him your picture when I get them.

LITTLE BOY BLUE, thanks for chilling with me. And I your friend with the Blue hair I can't remeber her name but thanks for hanging with us you were so nice ANNA-BELLA thanks for the Hulla Rave kit, I was showing everyone it was sooo nice of you. JOEL thanks to all of your friends JOE, WARREN, RON and IAN for hanging with me you were all so nice

Thanks JAY, with the red horns my bud, and CARLY, SPARKLES, JOSH, ANDREW, ROB, GRIMMIE, and everyone else who came with me to HULLA. You all made my night a fun and happy one.

Thanks TODAY for hanging out, JARDO, I don't remeber who you are but you signed my book so I must have liked you thanks, BABY HUGS a fellow londoner, nice to see you again.

Thanks JASON AND JULIE, for hanging with me in the tent in the morning when I was a sketch head, thanks for the games you gave me to look up on the internet, you are so sweet JASON.

And thanks TUESDAYS FATHER, NIEL, for also making my night so much fun.

Thanks everyone for hanging with me and making my Hulla so much fun. It was bigger and better than I thought it was going to be. I loved the vibe and all the people were so nice. I can't wait until Hulla 14, so much fun. I hope to see you all there.

SPAZ!!!

**PLUR**
Old December 7th, 1999, 04:18 AM   #50
Spaz!!!
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Spaz!!!
Smile

Sorry I forgot DAVE THE RAVER COPP too, it was funny every time I meet you, you were wearing less and less clothing. he he he.

Nice I hope you all made it home safe and I look forward to seeing you again.

**PLUR**