The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > 'For Those Who Know'
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 6th, 1999, 12:07 PM   #1
Subsonic Chronic
Hullaboarder

Smile

I'm still in that post-hulla state of hapiness, so I can't really say definitely if "For Those Who Know" was the best hulla that I've been to. But if it wasn't, it was certainly up there with the best of them. I had such an incredible time!
Chris C kicked my ass! My ears are still a little fuzzy this monday morning from his set. (note to self: bring ear-plugs to avoid permanent damage).
The crowd there was unbelieveable, and the vibe was tight! All the music that I heard was great too. (wish I could have caught Willar's set)
One thing that really stuck out for me was that it seemed like a lot less people were fucked out of their heads on drugs. I talked to a lot more people who were sober, and people who looked like they had taken drugs looked a lot more under control. I think a lot of it had to do with the signs that were put up around the venue promoting safe partying.
Thanks to everyone who stuck around for my set. I had a great time, incase you couldn't tell, except for that rat-bastard security guard cutting me off early. (but I'll leave bashing of the news employees to another thread). I had to beg him just to finish the track that was on!

All in all, I had a fantastic time! Thank you to everyone who was part of the vibe, and thank you to chris for throwing another top-notch party!

So what does everyone else think? Was this infact the best Hulla thet they've ever been to?

Pete

Old December 6th, 1999, 12:23 PM   #2
Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

Cool

i'm with you pete! i don't know for sure whether it was my favourite hulla or not cuz i'm still in my "post-hulla euphoria" state, but it's damn close. definitely one of the best parties i've ever attended!

i caught about half of your set, pete (cuz i wanted to see some of willar's set too). once again, you rawked the house! so what is this, your fourth hulla in a row (including wemf)? you may be approaching "residency" status. haha!

Klubmasta Will

Old December 6th, 1999, 12:43 PM   #3
pr0nstar
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pr0nstar
Well, it was my first Hulla, so I guess it was my best one. And yes Chris C's set did kick some serious ass, for all your HHC lovers that were enjoying the main room, you should have checked out this set ... it was my first taste of UK Hard House and it was absolutely rocking!

Kenny
Old December 6th, 1999, 01:32 PM   #4
CO2
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CO2
Ive only been to 3 hullas so far...and i do have to say, Liquid Hulla (hehe) was DEFINITELY the best one for moi...the music, the vibe, the responsible partiers...this is what raving is to me.

Cheers to Frolic for throwing another great party...

CO2

Old December 6th, 1999, 01:44 PM   #5
Blink
Hullaboarder

Wink

this was only my first Hulla...so i can't say if it was the best of all. But im for sure going back to the next one. I had a great time....it was soooo kewl to meet alot of sober people. when i meet someone who's having a blast and is sober it makes my night. it was also great to see that those who were on drugs were partying safe. thats the way to go!
hugz and stuff
Old December 6th, 1999, 02:08 PM   #6
The unrestrained retard
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to The unrestrained retard
Well, it's been a day and a half since the party, and i'm still euphoric- I had such an amazing time at that party. I don't know about everyone else, but it was definitely *my* best hulla, and maybe (probably) my favourite one ever!! Chronic, your set at the end was still moving me like crazy-when they cut you off at the end, I just wanted you to keep on going. Chris C was amazing, too- i didn't really know what UK hard house was, but now I don't think i'll possibly be able to get enough. I got there at 1:30-2, and was listening to Frolic and Vinylgroover, but for some reason the hhc just wasn't moving me like it usually does, so i decided to check out Chris C when he came on at 3:30. From then on until 8, when the party ended I just couldn't stop moving, the music in that room was so wonderful and intense.
Wicked party everyone, great to see you all there!

Dan
Old December 6th, 1999, 02:14 PM   #7
hyppy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to hyppy
I say this was the second best Hulla. Nothing at all can compare to Hulla 3 (and I've seen 'em all), but 13 was in a class all its own as well. The only problems were the fault of Newz like turning off one of the two sinks, ol' faithful in the ladie's loo, and nicking 10 minutes off the last sets. Otherwise it was one of theose parties where I can't think of one thing I would do better if I had thrown it. Big respect to Frolic and his crew.

And that henna place was neat too! Can't wait 'till Feb 5th!!

Brian
Old December 6th, 1999, 02:48 PM   #8
Super Spesh
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Super Spesh
Pete...what can I say? Your set kicked some serious ass. I danced so hard despite some setbacks and paid for it after...but it was all worth it, oh yes! I felt as if I were going to go absolutely bonkers! I was also pretty damn close to throttling that goddamn security guy for making you stop spinning.

Ahhhhhhh...I am still in heaven

Luv Thayna
Old December 6th, 1999, 03:19 PM   #9
jellibeen
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to jellibeen
This was my 3rd Hulla, and my favourite so far, although I had fun at the last two as well. Chris did a wonderful job, and the people were just incredible, music was top notch. Hulla lake was a bit disgusting, the owners of the Newz are evil, but it's stuff that you can't predict ahead of time. All in all, a night I will remember.

jellibeen
Old December 6th, 1999, 04:04 PM   #10
PaRtYKiD!
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to PaRtYKiD!
Talking

Second best so far for me, this being my 8th (not including WEMF's). Hulla 5 still takes the cake for me. Never the less, a wicked party (review posted l8er).

*PaRtYKiD!*
Corey
Old December 6th, 1999, 04:18 PM   #11
Midnight
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Midnight
that party kicked some serious ass...in terms of the party itself, i would have to rate it as my best hulla but the one before that was special for me and i had a really good time because of my friends...so i guess im going to have to say that this hulla and the last hulla were my best parties ever but for different reasons ...i will say this...i think after this party i really became aware of how awesome my friends are....i too was very impressed at the lack of severely fucked up people there were!!!

pete...you rock...i was sad when they made you stop..you should have come over to brunos with us and drank wine and beer..he has a 22lb cat too!!! he he he see you on the 18th...there seems to be a lot of people who want to come to this party...maybe we can get some guelph crew too!!!!

April
Old December 6th, 1999, 04:43 PM   #12
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
Smile

OH WOW....i had an awesome nite!!
First off THANKYOU to Klubmasta will and his sidekick for the HULLA memories picture...IT WAS THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN AT A HULLA!!!!! Thankyou sooo much!
*i cant get one of the songs FROLIC spun out of mah head....the one that has little to no words and is one of the newer tracks he spins....it is driving me crazy so if anyone knows the name of it I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!*
Stay Sweet
Kristine*
Old December 6th, 1999, 04:51 PM   #13
Twilight Knight
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Twilight Knight
Talking

OMG that was the BEST party of mah life!!! Mind you it wsa mah first Hulla but WOW!! the vibe was strong the hugs and Happy Hullabaloo were in abundance.... The music was kicking from start to finish. My greatest possible thanks to Frolic fer putting together the night of nights that topped all parties I have been to. Mad love to all the DJs fer the wikked choones.

The party showed the vibe is still alive and strong, mad props to all who helped spread the good vibe that engulfed the party and flowed strong,

Twilight Knight
Old December 6th, 1999, 04:53 PM   #14
crazEEE
Hullanewbie

Angry

Why is it that this party was so good and Hulla 12 wasn't! why can't Hulla's be consistent?!? After going to Hulla 12 and finding the venue sucked and no VIBE and not any time put into setting up lights etc...it's a very hard decision whether or not I should go to another. PLUR crazEEE
Old December 6th, 1999, 07:38 PM   #15
J_ACiD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to J_ACiD
pete:

another good thing you didnt mention was [something i've never ever seen at a party] flyers about drug-abuse, rape, date-rape, free condoms, rehab-clinics.. or somethin like that.. there were at least 10 different flyers with these kinda subjects on them

this really shows that tha promoter really does care

i'd have to say this party had the best vibe i've ever experienced at a rave...

crazEEE: about the last hulla, there was a good vibe there for a few hours during the Sy vs. Unknown with MC Storm..
that was amazing

but ofcourse, it doesnt even come close to tha vibe and excitement of h13

i'm counting tha minutes till Feb.5!!!
heh
Old December 6th, 1999, 08:00 PM   #16
tuesdaysfather
Hullaboarder

Photos: 17  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to tuesdaysfather
Talking

Pete ur da best! I fully enjoyed ur set as well as spice's..god theres nothing I love more then sick jungle in the middle of the night to get me pumped followed by sick ass HH and then morning trance oh god was it good..I could never explain in words my hole experience but lets just say..it was a night to go down in history with many memories!

to all the peeps I met on and off the board
U GuYz R Beautiful beings Please stay that way!
Massif respect and big
Hugz and Kisses!
Neil
Old December 6th, 1999, 10:23 PM   #17
bird
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to bird
Cool

(there's only one downside to dancin my ass off.. lookin for it in the morning and not meeting enough people... heh )

pete is mah trance god.. =)

biRd.

[This message has been edited by bird (edited 12-06-1999).]
Old December 6th, 1999, 10:43 PM   #18
candeegirl
Hullaboarder

Red face

The only time I really danced in the back room was during your set, it was wicked!

All hulla's are the best and nothing will ever compare.

love, love and more love
Nessa
Old December 6th, 1999, 11:57 PM   #19
Lind*ser
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Lind*ser
Well this is certainly nice to see. i was geting so sick and tired of ppl putting down hulla and chris.

This is really nice to see some really positive comments here.

congrats to Chris. it was a wonderful party and I had a wonderful time. Even the coat check was fun!

and Pete! PussyTrance my ass! that set was so hard! way to go baby!

Luvs,
Linds*
Old December 6th, 1999, 11:57 PM   #20
Lind*ser
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Lind*ser
Well this is certainly nice to see. i was geting so sick and tired of ppl putting down hulla and chris.

This is really nice to see some really positive comments here.

congrats to Chris. it was a wonderful party and I had a wonderful time. Even the coat check was fun!

and Pete! PussyTrance my ass! that set was so hard! way to go baby!

Luvs,
Linds*

p.s. April, give me the goods on the 18th. who is going?
Old December 7th, 1999, 12:26 AM   #21
Fear_and_Loathing
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Fear_and_Loathing
Cool

This was my second Hulla (First being #12)
and I would have to say my best...

It ranks up there with my favourite parties ever...
Absolutely nothing went wrong....almost a perfect night..
Old December 7th, 1999, 12:32 AM   #22
Ms. Fit
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Ms. Fit
wow this was an amazing party, it helped keep my mind off of the fact that i'd just had my heart smashed into pieces and met some amazing ppl off the board, you know who u are! the vibe was even better than ATM, wow, good job Frolic, Klubmasta, and Tinky Winky!

-miz