The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Stay Here Forever
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old June 20th, 2003, 01:17 PM   #101
integrrac
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to integrrac Send a message via Yahoo to integrrac
Quote:
Originally posted by objectiview711
dont test it ,the law ,and consistantcy are both irrelevant
they can and WILL do what they want, when they want, to whoever they want ,unless you have alot of money for international lawyers
whether you like it or believe it is also irrelevant
this is why cops (border guards included) are all assholes ,and should die terrible deaths
i'm with abe on this one. truth is they can turn anyone they want away for just about any reason they chose. your best bet is to just not bring stuff across in either direction be honest with the gaurd speak when spoken too. and just don't say anything that may send up a red flag. like rave. i know it shouldn't be that way but for the time being i think we need to understand that the word rave is connected to many things that arnt true but the boarder is not a place to try to change peoples minds about it ya know. i haven't had one problem with the boarder yet at any bridge.

p.s. i love comming to canada for the goodfellaz!!!
Old June 20th, 2003, 01:24 PM   #102
integrrac
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to integrrac Send a message via Yahoo to integrrac
here is the way i play it everytime. me and my friend nicole usually go up together.we both dress very casual but not raver casual hehe. ya know i wear a hat to cover my red hair. she is goin to visit her boyfriend for the weekend in either hamilton or toronto. they usually ask how we know him. we say he has family in the states that he visists often. then they ask how long we may be there. til sunday. end of story. on a side note commin back from the goodfellaz party i was thrown a curve ball by the gaurd and was asked to see my cars registration. just a thought
Old June 20th, 2003, 01:33 PM   #103
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
When I cross the border I keep all my candy jewelry in a baggie that has a "Dancing is not a crime" sticker on it. I get searched nearly everytime and they have never once called attention to my bag of jewelry.
Old June 21st, 2003, 07:57 AM   #104
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
I have always put all my kandi in a side pocket of my BDU pants.

lately I've just been saying I'm going drinking and noone has said anything or searched. In fact, this usually seems to put the guards at ease, and they will often smile and laugh through the rest of the "interview". Besides which, it's usually true - I do usually wind up drinking.
Old June 30th, 2003, 06:41 PM   #105
TheLorax
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to TheLorax
im sure that some on most likley asked this already...but if they ask where you are sleeping what would be the best thing to say without digging yourself a hole? =)
Old June 30th, 2003, 09:35 PM   #106
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
Well if you're staying the night give em the hotel you're staying at or the name of the friend you're crashing with (they may ask to see proof of the hotel reservation or a number/street address for the friend so have all that handy). If you're not planning on staying the night just say you'll be driving back after the show is over.