The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Accelerator
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 9th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #1
P_Euphoria
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to P_Euphoria
Unhappy Not Allowed 2 go Onstage!?

I was a lil disappointed when they told me i couldn't get on stage and dance. I was so pumped. So were many other kandy kidz but everytime we snook up there they kicked us off! Everyone told me about how at all the other hullas everyone got on stage and danced hardcore (plus received a cd and all we got was a pen, paper and smudge on the cheeck that smeared all over everything LOL) yes yes i know i'm not complaining i just wanna say that all the kandy kidz who went to the other hullas and it was their first and they got a cd and to dance on stage... well consider urself lucky. I think @ the next hulla we should be allowed on stage... and the amount of money hulla's making they could've had sum better newbie gifts... aka... cd maybe *smiles* It woulda been fun to get up on stage and dance i was jealous of everyone else up there... dah well... maybe some day...

~MUAH~
Old February 9th, 2004, 04:28 PM   #2
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
....where was the part where you weren't complaining?

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
Old February 9th, 2004, 05:04 PM   #3
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
we got a pen and a notebook that smells like soap!!
who WOULDN'T want that?!?!
Old February 9th, 2004, 05:23 PM   #4
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
mmm...soapy goodness

and whining won't do you any good...you need to know someone who knows someone in order to get on the stage and dance...if you don't, then dont hold your breath about it.

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old February 9th, 2004, 06:03 PM   #5
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
All the money "made" from Hulla parties, goes right into throwing the next one. Throwing parties is a very expensive, time consuming, money sucking endeavor. Trust me, nobody's making any serious amount of money on Hullabaloo.

As far as dancing onstage goes, too many people dancing on stage causes record skips, which is a piss off for both the DJs, and the people listening. Also the stage gets very very crowded, so the DJ cant see the crowd, and the crowd cant see the DJ. And the MCs'd have no room to do their thing. So stage access is limited to wristband only.
Old February 9th, 2004, 06:12 PM   #6
chEArbEAr
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to chEArbEAr
I dont know what your talking about hun? i was on stage for a good while...then after a while a bunch of people got on and it was very crowded so they kicked us off....then the last set i was up there dacncing away and talking to mrs. frolic so all in all it was awsome

[iFX]
Old February 9th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #7
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
I wouldn't want to be on stage... I don't want to 'stand out'... so I'll stick to crowd level...
Old February 9th, 2004, 08:59 PM   #8
qutieypopstar
Hullaboarder

yah man! tereza and me danced with mel! haha the stage was awesome all they told me was to stick to the side a bit more and give room for the mc's. thats fine with me. then we eventually got told to get off.
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:30 PM   #9
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Stage access has to be controlled because otherwise it becomes a madhouse and there are lots of valuable things on stage, like records and sound equipment and we've had shit happen like DJ's headphones stolen. The other issue is that I find it EXTREMELY disrespectful to the DJs when the stage is so crowded their view of the crowd is blocked (and vice versa) by people dancing in front of them. I know it's a great place to be, but all the talent has worked hard to be there and it's their time to shine, not a handful of stage dancers.

Anyhoo, that's why the strong security sweep. We've NEVER allowed free stage access. It would be a complete madhouse otherwise. If someone is up there who shouldn't be, it's because security hasn't caught them yet.

Also, I don't think anyone can say that Hulla doesn't ever deliver on everything it promises, and we certainly didn't say we were giving away free CDs at this party. It was done (clearly promoted on the flyer) a single time 2 parties ago in September. The pads and pens thing wasn't even promoted either, we just did that as something fun for the newbs since it went over well last time.

Anyways, just wanted to clear that up. We've worked incredibly hard for the past 7+ years to make Hulla everything that it is, something totally unique and different than anything else in the whole world, and after recovering from our hard work this weekend the last thing I need to read is someone complaining about things we didn't even say we'd do. I don't mean to bite your head of or anything and I'm certain you had a great time and appreciate your support, but if you didn't intend your post to be a "complaint" please re-read it and consider what you write in the future.
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:20 PM   #10
unkelfukkr
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to unkelfukkr Send a message via MSN to unkelfukkr
wow...that was probably the most uncool post i have read....

better gifts? pffft...how about you get nothing instead?

L-A-M-E
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:29 AM   #11
xtcFREAK
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to xtcFREAK
greedy little ravers.

Jay
Old February 10th, 2004, 01:04 AM   #12
~<LiquidMetal>~
Hullanewbie

Hey this was my first rave and I thought that the whistle and notebook couldnt have been any better and its understandablewhy we couldnt get on stage its not really a big deal anyway but thanx everyone for making me now crazy about raves I had a blast PEACE
Old February 10th, 2004, 01:39 AM   #13
innerspace
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to innerspace
I've gone to the past 6 hullas, and they have never disappointed or promised something that wasn't delivered. Complaining about a free gift is not cool. The pad of paper and a pen are a great idea for newbies so they can write down the name/email/aim name of people they meet. Its awesome that everyone who walks through the door gets a whistle, have never seen that at any other party. Plus all of the stuffed animals that are thrown into the crowd during Frolic's set. Hulla goes that extra mile to make sure that every party is something special. Lots of respect to Frolic and everyone involved in putting these on, your work is appreciated!
Old February 10th, 2004, 03:23 AM   #14
THEBAMBOY01
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to THEBAMBOY01
Ive never been disapointed at a hulla!!!
:O)
«THEBAMBOY
aka ERIK
Old February 10th, 2004, 04:26 AM   #15
OrbRoller
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to OrbRoller
that disapoints me that u would complain about not getting a cool gift or cd. what u get is a hullabaloo. and to me that is all i need. as well as to the 5 hullanewbs i brought w/ me this year. in 2 years of hullas and 9 years of going to parties i have never heard ne one asking for more when they were given soooooo much. frolic and all the other promotors work their bloody asses of to bring us one night where we can finally get the tinyest glimpse of what dreams are really made of for 9 hours. the look on everybodies face on the dance floor when that one transition is just sooooooo perfect and the whole crowd is moving like one living thing. and then the dj drops that track, that one track, that makes u stop dead in your tracks on the dance floor with shivers up throughout your entire body. and u smile. some cry. some just are simply paralized. i've been all 3.

that is what they give us. and it seems that for most of us that is all we need...:h)

"We ARE the children of the night"
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #16
chEArbEAr
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to chEArbEAr
^^^ thats beautiful , its happened to me before to <3 what a great party

thanks for keeping hullas up and running so long frolic
Old February 10th, 2004, 11:34 AM   #17
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Quote:
Originally posted by THEBAMBOY01
Ive never been disapointed at a hulla!!!
:O)

I was disappointed once... Feb 2003... but that was cuz I had to work till 10pm, couldn't find drugs and had to remain sober the whole night... meh
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:24 PM   #18
unkelfukkr
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to unkelfukkr Send a message via MSN to unkelfukkr
^^dumb ass
Old February 10th, 2004, 02:16 PM   #19
kneeling
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to kneeling
I was up by the stage a lot! =) =) anyone see me!? I had a black tube top on and beige pants! i also got a lizard! sooooo cute! *cuddles it8
Old February 10th, 2004, 02:54 PM   #20
P_Euphoria
Hullaboarder

Okay, Mr. anabolic frolic... and all of you...

Please try to understand I had all my expectations met, thank you... this was the best party i"ve ever been to. I loved the gifts I loved the notebooks and it was a great idea.... I know you worked your ass off so thank you again for all that hard work but i didn't mean to COMPLAIN! Okay? ALl i meant to say is that SOMEONE told me they got a free cd at their first hulla... that's all i went by. I didn't COMPLAIN about the gifts which i received! I LOVED THEM... it was very speshul. Second of all I didn't KNOW about the whole stage thing... all it tookwas someone to explain to me (NOT GANG UP ON ME) about why we couldn't go on stage. I never realized all those things (like stolen stuff from dj's and the skipping of the records, and the dj not being able to see the crowd & vice versa) but after clarifying it to me I understand... I now dont even WANT to go on stage anymore... you're right... but no need to tell me I'm DISSIN hulla coz i had the time of my life... thanks to all of you. I hope you all understand where i'm comingfrom and that my intention was not to say i didn't have fun at hulla. Coz since the moment i walked in i've never partied this good and I've never met nicer ppl. Thank you for everything....
so dont be sayin shit about me that Im dissin any u or the party coz I'm not...and I never will.
Old February 10th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #21
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
where did anybody gang up on you?

where did anybody say you were dissing hulla?

dude you need to calm down.

take a walk or somethin, SHEESH!
Old February 10th, 2004, 06:41 PM   #22
Toye
Hullaboarder

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toye
What Saiyan/Frolic said.

Besides, you don't wanna go on the stage, most of the people up there just go because "they do" want to stand out and feel special up there for their own little silly reasons. Note I said most and not all. : p

Besides, it's all about hanging off the railing of the balcony, that'll get ya the most attention anyways. ; )
Old February 11th, 2004, 12:08 AM   #23
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Yea hulla was a blast and really, free shit dosn't matter that much. I didn't go expecting anything, and i got something so i was happy. Theres a tip for everyone in life, expect nothing at all ever then when something DOES happen its really cool.
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:11 AM   #24
OrbRoller
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to OrbRoller
no one siad ne thing about u @ all. u need to relax, take some 5-htp, and take a nap for like a week. and think about how your comments affect others, not just yourself...:h)
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:49 PM   #25
P_Euphoria
Hullaboarder

*goes into hibernation for a week*
mmmmmmmmkay.