Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old March 19th, 2004, 07:23 AM   #1
retnaraver
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to retnaraver
for all you newbies

So you wanna know what hulla is like? I think we should all tell them

My way to describe Hulla is on your way there you have that certain something thats telling you that its not going to be like anything you've ever been to, that sense of excitment. When you walk into the small section of the theater to get your whistle and youre greated by 27 raver kids covered in kandi you start to realize then that it won't be like any rave you've ever been to and thats only the begining. Then you walk though those big double doors and every hair on your body stands straight up and it hits you harder then any pill or drug could ever do you see hundreds of smiling faces and tons of bright lights coming from the stage you look to the left and the bar girl if playing with a crystal ball like the guy from Labrynth does rolling it up and down her hands. You begin to feel the vibe and then you realize thats only the begining of the night!

its a real live heaven to say the least

and everytime no matter what happens you realize the 4 hour drive, listening to your friend bitch about god knows what in the car, getting lost in tdot, no one at any convenice store in toronto knowing were they are or how to get you some were, sleeping in the car because you couldnt find a hotel that would let you in at 7 a.m. is all worth it

Last edited by retnaraver : March 19th, 2004 at 07:26 AM.
retnaraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 03:15 PM   #2
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

^^^perfect description!

My favorite part is the ride home, you just can't wipe that gigantic smile off your face. You realize you are doing it then try to stop, then just break out a lil chuckle cuz you know you can't stop smiling after a night like the one you just had!

Now I got a 6hr drive back home, and after about 3hrs your face starts to hurt, but you dont care cuz it was sooooooo worth it!
GlowRaver4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 03:41 PM   #3
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

As for the Hulla itself:

It all starts in the line outside, kids all candied out, crazy getups, startin convos with the ppl around you in line (who you will see later and give a wave to), then as you get closer your can hear that pounding bass and your heartbeat rises to meet the speed of the booming.

You get inside the front dor and everyone is hugging ppl they know(and some they don't!) saying "Happy Hulla" over and over again. You start to get the vibe and realize, no matter who you are, what you do, what your wearing, you are excepted, even if its just this one night. Hulla-goers are family.

So you decide to check out the dance floor, your a little tenative at first, but then you see the small groups toward the back goin off doin liquid and the glowstickers scattered here and there. Then you look toward the front and see a HUGE mass of bodies just goin crazy dancin their hearts out, then farther on, THE STAGE, what a great view of the DJ, ppl lucky enough to be on stage are hypin the crowd up lifting signs and blowing their whistles. Suddenly the music starts to build and you can hear the whole place blowing for all thier worth on their whistles, that guy oon the side lets the airhorn blast, and finally the music peaks and everyone goes crazy. Wicked rhymes start coming from the speakers and you realize how important the MC's are to the vibe. So you decide to join the crowd and have the night of your life.

If your 19+ then you later head up stairs to grab a drink, you can see the ppl who need to a lil more room to dance doin their thing up there, you can down your drink while watching these ppl, thinking "I wonder how long it would take me to become that good?"

You head back down and realize you gotta pee! The bathrooms, they are an experience all their own! Those who forgot the #1 rule of partying "Eat dinner before you do drugs", are praying to the toilet hoping not to make to much of a mess, ppl handing out flyers for future events, that guy trying to make some money by squirting the handsoap for ya and turning on and off the sink, try no to start any conversations cuz they will last forever and one of the security guys will ask you to keep moving.

Once back on the dance floor, you can see kids on the sides and in the corners getting lightshows, you know they are having a fantastic time, but you also feel bad for them because when those 4 to 6 hrs are up they are gonna be wondering why they did it. And if your lucky you will be one of them!

The night cranks on and feels like it will never end, but thats a good thing because you dont want it to! When the final tunes fade away and everyone is thanking everyone for coming you know you will never have a better time in your entire life..............well, that is, at least until next Hulla!
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:13 PM   #4
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
Quote:
Originally posted by GlowRaver4184
^^^perfect description!

My favorite part is the ride home, you just can't wipe that gigantic smile off your face. You realize you are doing it then try to stop, then just break out a lil chuckle cuz you know you can't stop smiling after a night like the one you just had!

Now I got a 6hr drive back home, and after about 3hrs your face starts to hurt, but you dont care cuz it was sooooooo worth it!

the rides home are the best!!! first we recap the night and mush about all our hullabalooers that we love a million times over
and then i have a book called the "if" book which asks you all sorts of interesting questions...which is way fun to play with when you're all epic and stuff

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
neverlandgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:15 PM   #5
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
but where the heck is avon? it takes us 4 hours to get from toronto to syracuse...i thought you were near rochester?
neverlandgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:58 PM   #6
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

i usually swing by buffalo to grab my buddy, which is like an hour to an hour and a half, then the way we go takes like 3hrs hrs to tdot (I go speed limit all the time, can't afford a ticket), so I gues i over estimated, more like 4hrs (-ish)!
Old March 20th, 2004, 03:53 AM   #7
Cinder
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to Cinder Send a message via Yahoo to Cinder
man, sounds awesome, maybe we will make a trip from texas one summer, it just sounds soo coo
Cinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:50 AM   #8
mallownimbus
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 15 View Users Journal
that exactly what i'm expecting and more! looks like the gates to heaven are actually located in toronto. *sighs* almost saddens me to think of how long i'll have to wait for my first hulla. hopefully sail away. I WANT THAT NEWBIE CD!!!

PLUR FRE1
Old March 24th, 2004, 07:35 PM   #9
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Moved this thread to our main page so lots of people might enjoy it when they visit the site. I also fixed the horrible spelling in the first post .
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 07:36 PM   #10
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Moved this thread to our main page so lots of people might enjoy it when they visit the site. I also fixed the horrible spelling in the first post since it's what's visible to everyone .
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread