The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo 10th Anniversary Weekend Celebration
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 15th, 2007, 06:14 PM   #1
LordX
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to LordX
Impressions Of a Great Party - One Last Great Time

The title gives it away... My wife and I had a GREAT time.

I have to agree with Robin's post in that the vibe in the building was very friendly, and everyone was simply having an amazing time.

Although, I was at AGT too, and I was listening to the AGT CD's on the way home and I watched some of the old videos, and perhaps that sad feeling of AGT made people go more nuts in order to enjoy the last 'regular' hulla.

The crowd during anabolics set (and at the end) reminded me of AGT, everyone on the floor singing their hearts out, but the other sets of the night didn't pound with the lust of the crowd like every single AGT set did.

What did everyone else think about this great party?

LordX

PS - Did anyone notice those goofy stage dancers getting pulled off the front stage when MC Storm was on? Lol, one of my videos shows Robin getting that wing guy off the front center.

PPS - See you all at the NEXT Hulla
Old July 15th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #2
skunkdiggity
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to skunkdiggity
I literally had the best time that I ever had in my entire life. Period. It was a perfect evening
Old July 15th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #3
donnidreamer
Hullaboarder

thank you you guys for an amazing night i brought 3 newbies and the all said that hulla is the most amazing party they have ever been to
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:17 AM   #4
SWFT
Hulla Legacy Member

Firstly just who i am..was last night: My name is Bryan Swift, i was wearing oldschool orange cargos with a white shirt, and an apple bag and had the unfortunate turn of events of this being my FIRST hulla/rave/kandi/HHC event arrived shortly after 9 and had to leave a bit after 12 to meet friends who were waiting for me at the Guvernment (i had flown solo to this event and they were worried about me so they wanted me to head out early, i guess thats good i have friends who care )

Now as for the time I was there, WOW. Simply amazing and something i will never forget. From the moment i arrived in the parking lot and met a wonderful nice group of people (who im sorry i forget your names however i remember each of ur faces!!) who made me feel welcomed and that this was going to be a night to remember.

I then went to line up where i was blown away by the dedication people take into creating kandi + outfits that surpast any expectations i had. Then as soon as i was in line i engaged in conversations with everyone around me and ! that just was wonderful!

I completely felt the PLUR spirits and what seriously kicked off the night was the bouncer wishing me a happy belated birthday! ON my actual birthday the bouncer at the club i went to didnt even say anything!

I remember right then after getting searched i exchanged my first kandi and coat checked my bag..o how naive i was! (later took it out of coat check once i realized i could get away with wearing it!) Walked inside the room and !! I cant describe it but i know you all know that feeling of walking into your first hulla and the excitment, acceptance and PLUR spirits soaking into your system and creating a hugggee smile on your face!

Throughout the night i met some amazing people, all welcoming and friendly and truely an awesome time meeting each and everyone of you. Exchanging kandi really helps put a moment in time to each person you met that you just wont forget and i loved that for each kandi i exchanged, i recieved a story on the item and what it meant to them!

A major highlight for me was running into (im sorry i forget her name, but it was her and her girlfriends 6th year anniversary but she was spending it at hulla alone! aww haha! love it!) and i said how much i liked this one bracelet she had on then she took me by hand to BOO (im sorry but i absolutely love your name!!) and said how i would like one and without hesitation i recieved my very own 'Key block'!!! !!!!! Had amazing conversations with boo and her boyfriend and was welcomed even further into the scene!

I loved the hulla-hooper on stage, she was amazing, the MCs, balloons, lightshows, whistles, sing-a-longs and everything else!

And what seriously topped off the entire event was the next day (this morning) I hear from a friend of mine who went to Cherry Beach (but not hulla) he saw all you guys who attended hulla, talked to one group of you, mentioned that he had a friend (me) who had to leave early and the group said "wait, was his name Bryan!"!!! OMG!!! Like! wow! i was remembered for my brief time there 920-1230 and that alone just takes my breath away!! I cant believe it but im actually getting teary eyed as i think about it and thats never happened before!!!

THANKS EVERYONE (im feeling a rush of emotions just writting this), YOU COMPLETED A DREAM OF MINE, surpassed my expectation and made memories i will cherish always.

With love and great appreciation

Bryan Swift
SWFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:28 AM   #5
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Sorry I didn't go to Cherry Beach everyone, I was pretty tired X_X
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #6
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
We (Robin and I) tried to go to Cherry Beach at 8am but there was some sort of marathon going on and all access to it was cut off.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:53 AM   #7
PapaSmurff
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
for me this event was such that i will not forget ever. I think all the sets were good, MC Storm, ofcourse blew my mind.. he is amazing! Frolics set was breathtaking.. but all in all i dont think any other experience can top this.. my friend that was with me even compared it to the best sex you can have he he.. I wouldnt belive the goosebumps i had all over my body while singing to Heart of Gold at the end and being in a massive group hugg, which ever way i looked there was only smiles on ppls faces. I can still close my eyes now and place my mind back to that night and nothing can make me feel better! THANK YOU Frolics and all that were there for allowing me to take part in this life altering experience
PapaSmurff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #8
dj timz0r
Hulla Legacy Member

Send a message via AIM to dj timz0r
yeah, words can't describe the happiness hulla has brought to me. we had better have another one soon....
dj timz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:19 AM   #9
Kamehameha
Hullaboarder

wooooah! oh gosh! last night I remembered how much fun raves can be!
awesome vibe/music/mc's/decorations/crowd
not so awesome line-up to smoke (but who wants to waste time outside anyway?)

I never dance so much or so hard at a party. ever! I was totally in my groove last night, and that only happens when its positive vibe with no attitude
I weighed myself this morning, and i lost 4 pounds lol.

courtney, sunny, crystal, keith, mouse, tony, jeremy, graham... (and a whole bunch of others) it was awesome seeing all of you last night

<3

Last edited by Kamehameha : July 16th, 2007 at 01:28 AM.
Kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 02:23 AM   #10
weava
Friendship Crew

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordX

The crowd during anabolics set (and at the end) reminded me of AGT, everyone on the floor singing their hearts out, but the other sets of the night didn't pound with the lust of the crowd like every single AGT set did.

Alot of people, like myself, spent much more time socializing and just running around trying to meet everyone than we normally would have. I usually spent most of my time on the dancefloor at hulla, but at this party I found myself at the bar or roaming around talking to people.
Old July 16th, 2007, 02:25 AM   #11
pyrotix
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to pyrotix Send a message via MSN to pyrotix
Quote:
The crowd during anabolics set (and at the end) reminded me of AGT, everyone on the floor singing their hearts out

frolic's set seemed a little louder than the others, or maybe i was just deaf by the end, lol
pyrotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 02:36 AM   #12
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
We (Robin and I) tried to go to Cherry Beach at 8am but there was some sort of marathon going on and all access to it was cut off.

Yeah you either had to go the ass backwards way, or park somewhere and walk the rest of the way to the beach.

The walk, SUCKED.

I'll post more later. I'm in desperate need of my bed.
Old July 16th, 2007, 02:52 AM   #13
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
I'm glad we didn't try and make the hike out there then.
We were debating it in the parking lot, but then decided it was probably best we head home before either myself of Nicole got too tired and didn't have the energy to keep our eyes open for the entire drive.

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:31 AM   #14
LordX
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to LordX
Someone said that some of the roads in downtown were blocked off for a movie shoot... and from the looks of the section I passed, that was it.

And yes, there seemed to be a lot more socializing at this event, which is something good as well.
LordX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:39 AM   #15
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

The area in question was blocked off because of a marathon. Where was the movie shoot?
DJ Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:41 AM   #16
pyrotix
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to pyrotix Send a message via MSN to pyrotix
The movie shoot was at Yonge and King, which made the Yonge St. blue night bus take forevvvver to come, until eventually 3 buses made what looked like a makeshift detour. It's like the filming office forgot the tell the TTC "Oh by the way - there is a giant crane in the middle of the street."
pyrotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:25 PM   #17
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
getting to the beach wasn't too bad. I'm surprised that more people didn't make it. Although we did have a decent crowd there.

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:32 PM   #18
~icic~
Hulla Legacy Member

Send a message via MSN to ~icic~
It was my first hulla and I had an amazing time soo many great people ..and so many great new memories i will hold with me forever ..though sadly I lost some numbers I got from people
~icic~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #19
ijumpfromcars
Hulla Legacy Member

I thought the night was siiick.
Lord X COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME THAT VIDEO THAT'S MY RETARDED BF!
too funny
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #20
ijumpfromcars
Hulla Legacy Member

i additionally found it very funny how MC storm queened out on him "No way" lololololz
ijumpfromcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #21
dainja
Hullaboarder

Shane, I saw you when I was waiting to get in but I didn't see you inside or in the smoking area

odd.
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #22
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

I was at the bar most of the night.
DJ Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #23
lil
Friendship Crew

Sorry we didn't make it to the beach. I was SO sore by the end of the last song I just wanted to hang out at the hotel. I kinda wish we had gone.

To MR. and MRS. Frolic...

THANK YOU!!! And congratulations on deciding to have another little one.
lil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:24 PM   #24
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Saiyan
I was at the bar most of the night.

and front and center when d-minus was up
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #25
[SQUARE]
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic

Ya my friend and I decided to go home first and grab our bikes. That meant we could ride through the streets that were cut off. Pretty sweet. We hung out at Cherry beach most of the day with some awesome people.

Hulla was great. I liked the fact that the party ended with such positivity. Usually when I leave a party its just pretty much dying out and people are getting crusty. I didn't participate in the massive group hug at the end but it was entertaining to watch.

I managed to get in the party around midnight. I really enjoyed Elixir's set...it was nice to break up the hardcore with something a little different. I was def pumping the fists through pretty much the whole set. I don't listen to a lot of happy hardcore these days but it was fun to dance it up one more time to some hardcore beats

Thanks to everyone that gave me bracelets. I have a nice little collection now. I actually recieved a really awesome one from some new ohio friends that consists of letter beads and a word search is built into it. You'd have to see it to believe it.

Good times! Thanks to all friends old and new.
[SQUARE] is offline   Reply With Quote