Old July 4th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #1
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Hulla Rave Experience DVD

Anabolic Frolic - The Hullabaloo Rave Experience DVD

New for 2009!

The ultimate "Rave Concert" Movie from Night Garden Films. Buy yours today at the HullaStore!

Anabolic Frolic The Rave Experience DVD Trailer

10 Minute clip

Buy Yours Today!

Quote:

OMFG!!! Just got the package and the DVD is AMAZING! I had almost
forgotten how awesome Hulla was. You did an absolutely amazing job making
the video. I watched it on my projector and it was almost like being back
at the Opera House on a 10-foot screen. I have a feeling I'm going to burn
out the lightbulb watching it :-P Thanks again for everything.
-Baron
Quote:

I swear since i have recieved this video in the mail i have been on cloud 9. Hullabaloo has been such a glue with my crew of friends in the mid-west this party came around @ a time were everything around us seemed to be crumbling, it brought all of us back to that place of innocents that we have desperatley needed for years. Not being finacially able to attend a previous Hulla it will always be on a level to me that no other party will ever be able to duplicate. Hullabaloo is not just a party but a oasis from all the things in life that we try 2 escape from an i am forever gracious that i was able to be a part of it, it has changed my life an reminded me why i became a raver in the first place so thank u chris an robin i would say u probably will never know what you've have done for all of us, but im pretty confident u do!
and maybe one day we will all be able to share this experience ONE MORE TIME!
MUCH LUV
M@g!k BoB
Quote:

SOOOOO..i received the DVD ...and watched it at a friends house (kandi on & everything) ..

This DVD brought a tear 2 my eye, at least 3 times & chills on my arms (2 my count...16times) I saw myself at least 8 times in the crowd...and at the very end when people were leaving, I was shown (with the metroid shirt & winnie the pooh backpack) which thrilled the crap outta me. This DVD captured everything and more about Hulla...brought back alotta great memories and happy feelings that only Hulla coulda brought. Thank you, for this DVD and the chance to live in the life of Hulla....AND I NOTICED AT THE END...IT SAID...`NEVER SAY NEVER` ...Hope that the very last sentence lives up 2 what I can only expect to be the biggest party TORONTO has ever seen.

Thankyou,
RI.n.P
Quote:

This DVD is amazing!! Filmed very well shows the true story of what raving is all about. It's not about the drugs as media portrays. It's about the vibe and the vibe is PLUR .. Peace Love Unity & Respect. Once you go through those doors you are safe, you are home. You don't have to worry, you don't have to look over your shoulder .. the only reason to look over your shoulder is to look for a friend. Watching this DVD even if you've never been to a Hulla or never even been to a rave you will truly understand and love what it is all about. It's not shady it's warm and fuzzy and about love and acceptance. If you were ever to pick up a book or a movie about raving and the experience I would highly recommend you buying this DVD b/c no other will show you ACTUALLY SHOW you whats it's like to live a night as a raver.

RainbowStar
Quote:

The music, the crowd, the love, the family. The video is the perfect way to relive that magical night over and over again. Not only was it fun to see people I knew in the crowd, but the sound is fantastic and especially during Anabolic Frolics' set, it makes you feel transported to the middle of the rave all over again. A perfect way to remember the fun, make your friends jealous if they didn't go, and it will make a good relic to prove to our Grandkids 50 years from now how incredibly fun and cool we were.

-Property
Quote:

The Hullabaloo Rave DVD is an all encompassing look into the eclectic world of Hullabaloo. Whistle posse pumping, piano hands in the air, fun fur wearing, kandi covered raving at it's most fantastic and hedonistic. An amazing chronicle of an iconic event.

Hulla4Ever! <3
-Kyle
Quote:

Whether you have experienced Hulla in person or you’ve never been, this DVD is the definition of what Hulla is. The main attraction is, of course, the set by Anabolic Frolic with MC Storm. The crowd is into it from the beginning, and Storm is a bundle of energy throughout. Anabolic Frolic puts on a set to remember at the (potentially) final Hulla. Guiding the crowd through the high-energy portions as well as the breakdowns, MC Storm puts ona a memorable MC experience. Anabolic Frolic does what he does best: pulls out all the stops, playing the anthems the crowd yearns for (which they obligingly sing when they hot) and also playing the harder stuff that the passing fan of Frolic (or hardcore in general) may not be familiar with. This DVD is a must-buy for any fans of Hulla or Anabolic Frolic. The only thing that could have been better, would have been if the Hulla crew decided to put the entire night onto a multiple-disc set for all the worl to experience. I have never been to a Hulla, and I have only experienced one set from Anabolic Frolic which was at WEMF 2002, but I must say, if there ever were to be another Hulla, I would definitly be in attendance. Until such time, I will just have to pull out this DVD, pop it into my player, relax and experience what Hulla is all about: the vibe, the music, and the people.

From a technical standpoint, the DVD is not perfect. There are instances of audio level dropping during the main set, which is clearly not intentional on anyone’s part. There are also instances of video blurring, as well as one instance where a wire attached to the camera is visible in frame for about a minute (which is semi-annoying). One thing that this disc could stand to have benifitted from is if the audio had been in 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound instead of the Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Sound that it is recorded in. If the audio had been able to be in surround sound instead of stereo, it really would immerse you in the energy and vibe of the night. Luckily, if you have a surround sound system, it should be able to matrix it so that you can truly immerse yourself in the experience. Overall, this DVD is a must-buy for the raver in all of us.
-Rob
Quote:

The rush I'm getting reminds me of something. It was such a powerful thing that every time I went, i was so obviously having such a good time that people asked for my dealer. (I was sober each time. At least insofar as I had not ingested any mood altering drugs. In terms of state of mind, though, thats another story altogether.)

Gods I miss it now. Listening to the sets was good, but this video, something else is captured. Raving isn't just an auditory experience, it's sights too. As much as I love EDM just listening to it, it's party music. To really get the full effect, you need to be there.
-George

2 years in the making this DVD is finally complete, and it's a doozy. The project has morphed and changed. With the slow progress of producing a dvd ourselves I made a deal and sold our footage to a new production company for release. The good news is that's it's done!

Some of you who had pre-orders waiting will have already received a copy, as we started sending them out quietly to surprise you. All remaining pre-orders will have their orders fulfilled with this new DVD and any other outstanding items you're waiting on.

The final product is incredible, and with the new production company this DVD will see a wide release on Amazon and other outlets. Our Hulla fans are getting a first look though before it's actually officially available, and copies are available in our HullaStore for anyone who would like to get a first copy.

For my money, this is the greatest rave concert video ever released and an awesome way for past and future generations to see what Hullabaloo was all about.

-Anabolic Frolic

update - All pre-orders have been taken care of, but if you're still owed something, and haven't received it yet and have not otherwise been in contact with me yet, then you can send an email to this address: hullaorders@gmail.com with any information you can provide from your original orders and we'll get them to you.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #2
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
I ordered mine way back before the last Hulla - I have my order receipt and everything. Haven't gotten it, though.

Last edited by basic : January 16th, 2010 at 12:33 PM.
basic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #3
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Just emailed him and got word from Frolic that mine is being sent.
basic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:45 PM   #4
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
Hey cutie.. how are you and the old lady?