The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > The Hullabaloo iDance preParty
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 2nd, 2001, 08:54 AM   #1
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Smile thanks

thank you everyone who came out once again. another awesome bash.

It was nice to see so many 'ravers' come together once again. the party scene has been few and far between as we all know, so I loved to see the Hulla raving crew all come out of the woodwork when it's time .

I had a REALLY long day, which started in Ottawa at my cousin's wedding and then flew back to Toronto saturday night. I'd like to thank everyone who helped make the party happen (especially my sweetheart, Robin).

I'm going to sleep now, but just wanted to post my thanks.
Old September 2nd, 2001, 02:50 PM   #2
Spikey
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Spikey Send a message via AIM to Spikey
thanks for signing my shirt everyone
Old September 2nd, 2001, 04:05 PM   #3
djcyclone
Hullaboarder

I just wanna thank Chris and my new partner in crime Tyco for this amazing experience. Well done boys, well done.

I had an amazing time last night, I don't think I have ever danced so much on any stages before, the music was just too good.

I was glad to see a lot of new and old faces, faces that I didn't think I would ever see. I wanna thank the people for supporting each and every dj, as well as the scene. I wish I could go to iDance but I'm stuck at home doing the family thang...

Myself and Tyco hope to see more of the Hulla crowd in the near future.

.oO0QPsykloneQ0Oo.
Old September 2nd, 2001, 05:27 PM   #4
9oh5 kick
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to 9oh5 kick Send a message via AIM to 9oh5 kick
Talking THANX!!!

Thanx sooooo much everyone!! (im under my bro's member name right now) That was my first rave EVER and im glad it was Hulla! Im that new guy in the Decepticons shirt that didn't stop dancing for 6 or 7 hours RIGHT UP FRONT!!! Thanx Frolic and Frisky and everyone else that made this night one to remember!! I also wanna thank Kid Koala for my first ever E-hug!!! Thanx to Joe and Nicole for lookin after me Thanx for all the memories

I'll never forget this night for as long as i live!!!!
Old September 3rd, 2001, 12:10 AM   #5
jimmicoons
Hullaboarder

hey
i thought that this hulla was realy wicked
good vibe good time
it was my third hulla and it matched up to and at times surpassed my overall expectations of what a hulla party should be
heater:it was wicked to finaly meet you
odd how every time i went down to the washroom you where there.........

side note: anyone who i talked to and told a realy fucked up story too should keep in mind that they should never ever repeat my actions (kids dont try this at home) and dont pull a fear and loathing style month lol
take care
Old September 3rd, 2001, 12:57 AM   #6
Roches
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Roches Send a message via MSN to Roches
so... the pre-party.

this was good.

it's always nice to see some vibe. and hulla - obviously - had vibe, about the best vibe the 2001 massive can manage to provide.

musically... strangely enough, i liked dj swiss. .. cause he played some old tracks i liked. and the rest of the hardcore, of course... whats with that frusky and d-plus thing? did you have to look at the schedule to get that?

and yeah.. i got busted reaching into my cargo pocket, and got searched at the front. they were absolutely convinced that i had something on me... and pretty sure i was selling. eventually that dropped down to that i was selling, but sold out (which is weird, because if i had sold out i wouldn't be reaching into my pocket, and now that i think of it i probably would have had more than $40 on me..).. finally they searched everything they could search, fully impressing me with their thoroughness, and they let me go.

actually, they were nice about it, nicer than i thought they'd be. they even helped me get up all the change i took out of my pockets =) i wondered how often they search someone and don't find anything...

anyway, the moral there is: never do anything even vaguely suspicious at the opera house.
Old September 3rd, 2001, 01:08 AM   #7
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
No, Mr. Frolic

Thank YOU.

This was my first party in a really long time, and at first I was wondering if I'd grown out of raves...

UNTIL during Frolics set, when about 20 of us 'ardcore bubblaz all joined hands, singing out loud to some anthem or another, and when the bassline hit, we went bonkers... I didn't stop dancing, bouncing or wishing Happy Hullabaloos for the rest of the night.

Thank you Frolic & the Hulla crew for throwing a tight party that brought back vibes of yesteryear.

Thank you Hulla ravers, especially those who remembered me from parties gone by for the hugs, Happy Hullabaloos and good times.

Thank you to all the DJ's, MC's, shoe shaking security and peeps who made this an AWWWWESOME night for me.

PLURsquared

MC Everybodies*BagTired*Daddy

Hot + Dirty
Old September 3rd, 2001, 01:09 AM   #8
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
I had such a good time.
It has been way too long since the last hulla i went to.
I desperatly needed my hhc fix.
My only complaint would be hearing one of the greatest songs ever...completely ruined.
U2 should NEVER be remixed as happy hardcore.
End of story.
Old September 3rd, 2001, 02:07 AM   #9
cuggy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to cuggy
chris, fucking kikass night
thanks =)
Old September 3rd, 2001, 08:09 AM   #10
JD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to JD
Great party!!!

I just wanna say that I had an amazing time at this hulla. The music was really good through out the whole night, the vibe was awesome, and I got some great pics of the infamous Anabolic Frolic and E-By-Gum.

Thanks for another great party Chris,
JD
Old September 3rd, 2001, 09:30 AM   #11
redraver
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to redraver
Thumbs up

well i am no longer a virgin hulla raver!!! i had the greatest time at this party and i want to thank EVERYONE!!! the vibe was the most incredible vibe i have ever felt at any party since i've been partying (3 years now). no where in rochester do you find a vibe like this. no where have i seen so many people come out in full candy kid style in support of such wonderful music. in rochester i am often dissed for being a candy kid because rochester is a junglist town, but i felt right at home at hulla. i met so many new friends and i can't wait to come back for another dose of hullabaloo. i couldn't stay for idance, i had a family dinner to get home to, but i will remember this night for a VERY long time. chris - it was great to finally meet you. thanks for such an AMAZING night!!!

peace,
jenny
Old September 3rd, 2001, 11:45 AM   #12
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
BIG UPS HULLA CREW

what a great night. Music was great , vibe was so fuckin tight, exactly what I've come to except from hulla. Absoultly nothing went wrong. I brought three non ravers and converted them all (BWHAAAA) all of them kept coming up to me all night "Oh my god this is the most fun I have ever had " Man I wish I could go back to my first party.

Whan we finally left we stayed in the most mack hotel room at the crown plaza. My girls sister works at the holiday inn and got us a 350 dollar room for 129 man that hotel made me feel like a king

nice to meet cha jimmycoons and bowzer

CHRIS I Still havent heard you drop "It Feels so right"
but I'll keep waiting patiently thanks for throwing yet another kickass party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEATER OUT
Old September 3rd, 2001, 01:24 PM   #13
Cripee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Cripee
It has been forever since I posted on here!!
But I just want to say that I had an amazing time on saturday night. Simply amazing!
Hullabaloo's ARE the best parties..hands down!!
Old September 3rd, 2001, 01:44 PM   #14
ghettothug
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ghettothug
for the 3 hours that i actually stayed, i had a good time.
got there at 11 left at 2.
i should have stayed longer but Karlene was tired.

and one thing people....when you have whistles....be careful how hard you blow them, i dont appreciate spit on my back *shudders*

mmmmmm Chris and Donny good set.

Donny it was good seein you!
Karlene wouldn't let me take any pictures tho when we got back....well I got one of us after we woke up, kissing.
You can have that one. You know we love you tho!
Old September 3rd, 2001, 02:26 PM   #15
space wak
Hullaboarder

OH MY GOD that was one kickass party i loved it and thanx to frolic for signin my book as well as AT-AT, the party was one i will never forget and thanx to the security for getting me a happy head when i was leaving, i didn't stay very long i wanted to be able to wake up to go to the iDance which was also very good.

i might as well say thanx to everyone but especially Frolic for making this the best one i've been to yet
*BiG Huggs to everyone*

~space wak (Holli)

Last edited by space wak : September 3rd, 2001 at 02:30 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2001, 05:28 PM   #16
HuLLaFrUiT
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HuLLaFrUiT
Talking oh buddy

Hey AnaboLic FroLiC.

i love hullabaloo's. there fucking fun man. me and my girLs had a wicked time. we always do.!!

A little dissapointed that someone didnt play our track but we heard it at the after party... *coughwasnttheriteversioncough*

But yes. the dream team is what made huLLa *creams*

I am the HuLLafruit. although i dont dress it anymore. but stillman. i represent.!!!!

~should start playing breaks at hullas~
Old September 3rd, 2001, 06:10 PM   #17
ghettothug
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ghettothug
hahah Jess!

the dream team.

Donny I didnt see any nipple
you're in for it!
Old September 3rd, 2001, 09:14 PM   #18
Xiola
Hullanewbie

Talking

Beautiful party
Well worth the drive from Ottawa
I had the opportunity to meet some really sweet people!
Old September 3rd, 2001, 10:07 PM   #19
Little Turbo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Little Turbo
wow
very tight vibe

it was definitly worth the trip up from windsor.

and dayum
very very tight freeform set
big ups to hujib and ruffage!

cheers
Jon_
Old September 4th, 2001, 12:44 AM   #20
bowzer
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to bowzer
Okay, I just got home and Im SO very tired, but I just had to say that I had such an amazing time that I can't even try to explain it... everyone who went knows what I mean, the vibe was so awesome. I mean when was the last time at any major party they let tons of people from the crowd up on stage to dance, sign, and chill? My whole Ottawa crew was up there, it was so fun!
Nice meeting everyone on the board, I tried to find the McDonalds for the hulla meetup, but totally got lost... oh well, we walked to the Opera House from Queen/Younge, and our candy kid train just kept absorbing more people as we walked, it was fun
I'll write a big review of my night later, but I just gotta thank D-Minus another time for spinning "Hold me Now" for myself and Kayla, that made our night!